Caches along a route incomplete

kawikaturn

I created a route along US RT66 from San Bernardino to Santa Monica. The route looks good, but when I made a PQ from it, part of the route produced NO caches. Yes, there are caches that should be included with the PQ along this route. The route is saved as CA WEST Rt66. I tested with 2 browers and checked the PQ output as well. I removed terrain/difficulty filters in the PQ with no change to the gap in the output. See screenshot photos below:

0d057c0a-8f1a-410a-846b-c269935ef41a.jpg

3521bdb0-fda8-43dd-a150-a69a4fa50fc6.jpg

4037ce50-edac-4b1c-a481-070aba36ab7f.jpg

I have created hundreds of routes over the years and have never had this issue. This is day 30-31 of our trip planned this summer. All my other routes of this trip worked perfectly.

My guess would be that you exceeded the maximum number of caches that you specified for that route. I did similar route and there is a clear hole where I exceeded the max 1000 caches.

No, the image above has 251 caches. I used 500 and 1000 when testing the route PQ. When I opened up the distance on each side and removed all filters, it still showed the partial route, but a wider swath.

Here is a PQ with 995 caches:

573fd574-8a5a-4a70-963d-e6ee070ce0ac.jpg

Edited by kawikaturn

My guess would be that you exceeded the maximum number of caches that you specified for that route. I did similar route and there is a clear hole where I exceeded the max 1000 caches.

No, the image above has 251 caches. I used 500 and 1000 when testing the route PQ. When I opened up the distance on each side and removed all filters, it still showed the partial route, but a wider swath.

Here is a PQ with 995 caches:

573fd574-8a5a-4a70-963d-e6ee070ce0ac.jpg

Then it has to be in the criteria you chose somehow. Because when I tighten up the route and request 1000 - I get caches along the whole of the path with zero criteria chosen.

Then it has to be in the criteria you chose somehow. Because when I tighten up the route and request 1000 - I get caches along the whole of the path with zero criteria chosen.

Ok, then I removed ALL filters and allowed all cache types. Notice some of my previous founds in this screenshot:

a222276f-86be-4445-8d2b-e6a8c523b1e6.jpg

I've cached in that area.

There's a good reason those caches are being left out. :DB);)

Did you modify the route?....I mean, did you grab the endpoint and move it ? :D

Perhaps that messes up the last segment somehow.

I always mess up my routes by creating a too long of a route, and max out the caches selected.

Then when I go back and review them, I see easier caches right next to the ones I have in the pq.

Those things are tricky.

So now I try to keep the route short.

The new method of creating the routes is great ! ;)