iPhone iOS4 - Geocaching and Multi-tasking

So, I just installed iOS4 on my iPhone 3GS and was hugely disappointed to realize that the Geocaching app is not working with multi-tasking. If I'm listening to my iPod and launch the GC app, the music shuts off. If I leave the GC app and return, it takes me back to main screen, not where I left off. I was so looking forward to the iOS upgrade specifically for multi-tasking while geocaching and I hope, hope, hope that the app is updated soon to take advantage of the new iOS capabilities.

I'm not faulting Groundspeak for not having an update ready to roll.

Sounded like you were to me. Is ok, many things aren't right with iOS4 yet - there are problems all over the place.

Don't worry about it - they'll get out an update that addresses this fairly soon.

Sheesh. I'm not faulting Groundspeak for not having an update ready to roll. Other apps are working with multi-tasking "as is" and I'd hoped GC would, too.

The only apps that will work are the ones that have been compiled with the 4.0 SDK. Until Groundspeak does that and submits it to Apple it won't work. Its on the app developers to compile the apps and submit them, not Apple.

Sheesh. I'm not faulting Groundspeak for not having an update ready to roll. Other apps are working with multi-tasking "as is" and I'd hoped GC would, too.

The only apps that will work are the ones that have been compiled with the 4.0 SDK. Until Groundspeak does that and submits it to Apple it won't work. Its on the app developers to compile the apps and submit them, not Apple.

+1 There are actually only 30 or 40 apps right now that I know of that are 4.0 ready and thus able to effectively multitask, and those ones work great! Give Groundspeak a little time and I'm sure they'll roll an update out.