Missouri Benchmark Hunters

GEO*Trailblazer 1

I talked to the DNR today at Rolla,Missouri.Mr.John Paulsmeyer,573-368-2100.We talked about one of the Triangulation Stations (Hudson) that was recently recovered,and in the Line of the New Highway 60.I wanted to know the processes of the reset monumentation.He went into great detail of the processes and was very informative,we talked about Our web site www.geocaching.com and that we were contributors to the NGS.He Stated that it would be of GREAT HELP to log finds in Missouri to the NGS site.He also gave me the # were you can get the entire STATE of Missouri GRS CD $50.00. These are the other points and the Aluminum monuments of the DNR that are not on the list here.We talked at great length,I made the point that we all wanted to show that we are of a PROFFESSIONAL Nature here and that we are involved with cleaning up and protecting the enviroment and Historical monuments,and that the sport has began to bring in tourism to the state.The State still is at a lets wait to see response to Geocaching,but that he saw it as a great hobby.I also mentioned the www.usafreedomcorps.gov and how I was correalating the two together as a volunteer.

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS *GEOTRYAGAIN* http://www.msnusers.com/MissouriTrails

Trailblazer - visited your Batman cache today during lunch.

Great location for a quick workout.

I would like to see the MO Dept of Conservation lighten up a bit. I doubt most caches would damage the environment as much or more than the ATVs, motorcycles, and even hunters.

Anything I can do, let me know. (I am new to the area, so I haven't dealt with any MO agencies yet.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

I've found one cache on MDC land and have planned on placing one myself on an area. It would greatly expand the possibilities if they would just open the areas. Aren't that what they are for...for public use? I've never seen where it says that it must be for hunting or fishing. I guess the thing they are wary about is leaving stuff behind. Look at all the other caches in public places and you'll see they are not trashy or tearing stuff up.

I might have a talk with some of the MDC people I know and see how they feel around here.