$100 alum bill plate

chai_latte

Has anyone gotten one of those $100 aluminum bill plates from ebay, it come with 24K GOLD LAYERED AMERICAN EAGLE $50.. for only $13.95? Something seems wrong here it may just be me but i just wanna know if anyone has gotten this? I did some reading about fakes in these forums.. any thoughts?

Has anyone gotten one of those $100 aluminum bill plates from ebay, it come with 24K GOLD LAYERED AMERICAN EAGLE $50.. for only $13.95? Something seems wrong here it may just be me but i just wanna know if anyone has gotten this? I did some reading about fakes in these forums.. any thoughts?

This have something to do with Geocoins?

yes its listed as a geocoin

here is the listing..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-100-BILL-PLATE-4-O...=item27b25779df

Edited by chai_latte

I think they are from the Rising Sun mint.... the one with the .999 pure metal geocoins with photo decals that came up in the forums (here) earlier this year. The replica bill is touted to have a tracking code (geocaching?) that you can use to track it.

I think they are from the Rising Sun mint.... the one with the .999 pure metal geocoins with photo decals that came up in the forums (here) earlier this year. The replica bill is touted to have a tracking code (geocaching?) that you can use to track it.

UM, Yeah thats what IT says! I ASKED if anyone has gotten these?

UM, Yeah thats what IT says! I ASKED if anyone has gotten these?

Sorry about that. I was replying to the previous post when you had posted about the link to the item in question. I haven't gotten one of those bills but the link to the previous thread does contain quite a bit of information on other "geocoins" that are produced by that company. Looking at the previous thread may help you make up your mind about the item.