Guess What I found

kklblue

Today I went to a cache near my house. It prided itself on being a quick grab. Well not for a rookie like me. I was bushwhacking my way through some heavy brush and darn near tripped over some bones.

Yes bones. :laughing: Now we aren't talking bird, or rodent, we are talking really big bones - like the size of my forearm bones. Being the newbie and not sure what the rules are I called the police who kindly came and took the bones (whatever they might be) and will have them brought to the crime lab for identification.

Can I consider that one found. I don't want to go near that one again.

Today I went to a cache near my house. It prided itself on being a quick grab. Well not for a rookie like me. I was bushwhacking my way through some heavy brush and darn near tripped over some bones.

Yes bones. :laughing: Now we aren't talking bird, or rodent, we are talking really big bones - like the size of my forearm bones. Being the newbie and not sure what the rules are I called the police who kindly came and took the bones (whatever they might be) and will have them brought to the crime lab for identification.

Why not? If the bones are gone, go for it.

Did you actually find the cache? You say you found bones, but you do not say you found the cache. No = no.

Nothing says you "have" to return, but then nothing says you can claim a find (of the cache).

I don't recall what the rules for finding bones are. But it is good to have them identified, just in case.

My daughter and son-in-law were trying to introduce my husband and I to geocaching. I found a bag and was so excited because I thought I'd found the cache. What I'd actually found was a bong and some weed - someone's stash! This was in a State Park near a campsite; my son, who checked out the "find" with me thought it was pretty funny that his mom found a stash instead of a cache.

My daughter and son-in-law were trying to introduce my husband and I to geocaching. I found a bag and was so excited because I thought I'd found the cache. What I'd actually found was a bong and some weed - someone's stash! This was in a State Park near a campsite; my son, who checked out the "find" with me thought it was pretty funny that his mom found a stash instead of a cache.

That's kinda funny because, I was hiking a woods doing a 5 part multi last weekend, and found a growing plant. Maybe a foot and a half tall right in the MIDDLE of the trail! Took a cell phone pic, and went on my way.