Delete forum account & posts?

SeekerOfTheWay

Can a mod delete my forum (not my geocaching.com) account and delete my posts?

Thanks!

You might want to edit your post to something generic, then click the report button and ask a mod to close the topic and then come on back and finish talking. It's really not that bad over there. :laughing:

Can a mod delete my forum (not my geocaching.com) account and delete my posts?

Thanks!

If I were you, I'd email a moderator directly.

They might not be able to do it but you'd at least have a straight answer.

Some things just ought not be brought into the forums and this is one of them.

Good luck.

Edited by Team Cotati

I've not seen forum posts edited or removed unless there is some gross violation.

I've seen users banned from the forums, but I've not seen actual account deleted. Even if your posts are nuked, there's still those posts where people quoted you.

If the forum is not a place you want to be hanging around, just leave and don't look back. If you want to erase all identities, rename your existing account to something else, create a new account with the same name, relog your caches, and you're done.

I must say the forums is a great place to learn about all things geocaching, as long as you stay away from debating opinions.

The particular forum you posted in got some not so nice posts back at you. I'd suggest shrugging it off and not letting the turkeys wear you down. If you want to abandon the forums, just don't click on them again.

The only way to really kill everything is for you to open a new account (and you'd have to log all of the caches again). Not really worth it.

From the Forum Guidelines:

Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines.

Thanks for the suggestions. i have found some good information on this forum. i will just stick to reading, and not posting. That will work.

Thanks again.

Please don't feel that way. This can sometimes be a tough environment but there really are a lot of caring helpful folks here.

If you want to erase all identities, rename your existing account to something else, create a new account with the same name, relog your caches, and you're done.

I was under the impression (ie. advised by a reviewer some time ago) that this was not possible.

Once a username has been used, it can not be reused even if it no longer in use

Mark

Is this because of the phone logging thread? If so I think you are reading way too much into it. Taking it way too seriously. But it's up to you. If you want to stop participating that's ok.

Yes, that's mostly it. i like posting. Just not the piling on that sometimes happen. i'm still reading posts :P i'm trying to not take it so personally.

You could always use the complain2gof@gmail.com email addy. Absolutely nothing will be done about anything but sometimes you just need to complain to someone. Even if they aren't listening. :P

Thanks for the email address. Na, i don't want to complain. i have more important things to focus on. i'm looking forward to meeting other cachers in real life!

Now you see, that's your problem. We don't really exist. Just a bunch of electrons chasing each other around the internet.

Ah ha, i knew it! Whenever i go out caching i think everyone who is looking for something or using a BlackBerry is caching too! So far, none have been. Thanks for revealing the truth to me!

baaaah you can't let replies in a forum "rule" your life

its hard to tell when people are intentionally mean or rude or sarcastic, so just take it with a grain of salt, if you don't like where a thread is going don't bother looking back

its the same in every forum out there, some people have the "know it all" "I'm always right" etc attitude

but overall the majority are nice people to have a conversation with, so in my opinion you shouldn't refrain from replying on other subjects

its the same in every forum out there, some people have the "know it all" "I'm always right" etc attitude

Not every forum.

The Wherigo forum, moderated by Ranger Fox, is full of individuals that want to help each other, share ideas and promote Wherigo's. I have never seen a single incident of disrespect for each other.

It is a model for how a forum should be.

Not every forum.

The Wherigo forum, moderated by Ranger Fox, is full of individuals that want to help each other, share ideas and promote Wherigo's. I have never seen a single incident of disrespect for each other.

sure there are exceptions, very rare though, however the majority of forums have their "weeds"

i'm frequenting enough, either as a member or MOD/ADMIN to backup my conclusion

They most likely wouldn't insult me right to my face, i hope!
I would. Especially if I caught you on my lawn! :huh:
Haha! Then i'd cry and go hide in your hedges. Maybe find a cache there too. Then offer you swag as a peace offering.

Just be careful not to knock over my lawn ornament. She gets very cranky when people do that. :anicute:

If you want to erase all identities, rename your existing account to something else, create a new account with the same name, relog your caches, and you're done.

I was under the impression (ie. advised by a reviewer some time ago) that this was not possible.

Once a username has been used, it can not be reused even if it no longer in use

I haven't tried it myself, but someone had to prevent his famous ID from being squatted on by another after he changed his ID.

Of course, he's rather a fair bit more well known than you or me, so maybe some exception was made for him. But I'd think the DB only keeps track of one name, instead of all names that had been used before. I could be wrong.

Not every forum.

Would that be the Wherigo Off-Topic forum?

Not every forum.

Would that be the Wherigo Off-Topic forum?

Wherigo Builder Forum