Worst find log ever.

There is a newer cacher in the Florida panhandle who logs with "."

I've also seen the date as the log.

Then there is the cut and paste for all finds:

Left the house with x cacher. Picked up y cacher 30 minutes later for a # day run. Traveled ### miles, found ### caches and spent the night in City. Got back home at #:##.

To each his own but that is not what I want to read and I do not write such for that reason.

Edited by OHail

Perhaps he was saying "Ni" with a Canadian accent?

I looked at about 10 of the 37 find logs dating back to some of the earliest ones, and they were all "na". This and others mentioned in this thread have got to be smartphone GPS users with Geocaching apps. There is no other possible explanation; this is happening everywhere with the lame newb logs.

;) June 20 by "Bob" (37 found)

na

Thanks for that great found log.

Did you notice that he attached pictures? "Bob" seems to have an issue with your cache placement.

8412f2e0-d2a6-49d9-80d0-064aee75b88a.jpg

So you did some digging. Well, obviously not enough. He has loged "na" on many caches. That sign is only encountered if you leave the park that the cache is located in. On the other side of that sign is a new major freeway. The finder "Bob" would have realized that if he had taken the time to read the cache page. But that is another tread isn't it.

Edited for clairity

Edited by Andronicus

What is odd about this noob is that he posts picturs on lots of his two letter logs. Maybe he is planning to edit the log later. If so, ""Bob", I appolagise for critisizing you". If not, "Thanks for the Log "Bob""

Edit: It appears that this cacher is an older lady (as seen in pics on her gallery). And in 37 finds, has uploaded 16 pics. That is better than most cachers. I think I will stop critisizing her now.

Is there a polite way to e-mail a new cacher to say that CO like somewhat more detailed logs? Anyway I can think of would definatly come off sounding rude.

Edited by Andronicus

What is odd about this noob is that he posts picturs on lots of his two letter logs. Maybe he is planning to edit the log later. If so, ""Bob", I appolagise for critisizing you". If not, "Thanks for the Log "Bob""

Edit: It appears that this cacher is an older lady (as seen in pics on her gallery). And in 37 finds, has uploaded 16 pics. That is better than most cachers. I think I will stop critisizing her now.

Is there a polite way to e-mail a new cacher to say that CO like somewhat more detailed logs? Anyway I can think of would definatly come off sounding rude.

Well, If "Roberta" :laughing: plans on editing the logs, she still ain't gone back and touched the ones from her earliest logs a month ago. If I am indeed correct, and these are smartphone logs, she may not even know the phone is uploading "na" to the website.

You could just say exactly what you say above, "CO like somewhat more detailed logs", and maybe preface it with something like, "don't be offended, and don't take this the wrong way", or something along those lines.

How about?

"Hi, I noticed you uploaded a photo as part of your log on my cache "GCXXXX" and that is really neat. I also noticed that your log is a bit cryptic- is that what you'd intended to leave as your comment? Many COs, myself included love to hear about your hunt for the cache."

Edited by MooseJawSpruce

We have a local cacher that has resorted to logging every cache no matter how tough, interesting, or creative as a "TFTC". My guess is it's because their grammar and spelling were so bad they took a lot of grief. You might think that they're uneducated or not computer savy but that would be far from the truth. I think most of us are happy to just get the "TFTC" from this cacher nowadays. :laughing:

We have a local cacher that has resorted to logging every cache no matter how tough, interesting, or creative as a "TFTC". My guess is it's because their grammar and spelling were so bad they took a lot of grief. You might think that they're uneducated or not computer savy but that would be far from the truth. I think most of us are happy to just get the "TFTC" from this cacher nowadays. :laughing:

Or they are uploading logs from one of the newer units. I know if I do nothing, my PN40 will default to TFTC if I used the upload feature.

There was one in my area doing the same thing. Great caches that were good adventures and he logged nothing more than "TFTC". I met him and mentioned in passing that TFTC is sometimes taken, or used as an insult. He had no idea.

We have a local cacher that has resorted to logging every cache no matter how tough, interesting, or creative as a "TFTC". My guess is it's because their grammar and spelling were so bad they took a lot of grief. You might think that they're uneducated or not computer savy but that would be far from the truth. I think most of us are happy to just get the "TFTC" from this cacher nowadays. :(

Or they are uploading logs from one of the newer units. I know if I do nothing, my PN40 will default to TFTC if I used the upload feature.

There was one in my area doing the same thing. Great caches that were good adventures and he logged nothing more than "TFTC". I met him and mentioned in passing that TFTC is sometimes taken, or used as an insult. He had no idea.

Interesting, another piece of the puzzle. However, I believe many many more new Geocachers are using smart phone GPS's than are using PN40's. Now if we can just get someone to verify that there are smartphone Geocaching apps that default to "TFTC", we will have solved this groovy mystery, and can pat ourselves on the back as if we were Shaggy and Velma and the gang. :laughing:

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Interesting, another piece of the puzzle. However, I believe many many more new Geocachers are using smart phone GPS's than are using PN40's. Now if we can just get someone to verify that there are smartphone Geocaching apps that default to "TFTC", we will have solved this groovy mystery, and can pat ourselves on the back as if we were Shaggy and Velma and the gang. :laughing:

Well I think I have used all the freeware Windows Mobile apps, and none of them auto fill the online log. Infact, if you don't enter something, they won't let you upload your found log.

Interesting, another piece of the puzzle. However, I believe many many more new Geocachers are using smart phone GPS's than are using PN40's. Now if we can just get someone to verify that there are smartphone Geocaching apps that default to "TFTC", we will have solved this groovy mystery, and can pat ourselves on the back as if we were Shaggy and Velma and the gang. :(

Well I think I have used all the freeware Windows Mobile apps, and none of them auto fill the online log. Infact, if you don't enter something, they won't let you upload your found log.

Which makes these quotes from here in this thread even more interesting:

We got a noob around here (up to 11 logs now) who has logged most of his/her finds with just "Air the dub."

I have no idea what that's 'posed to mean.

"Air the dub" I still don't see what that has to do with geocaching, though.

Wow! That's better than the one around here who signs theirs "Mintzzz"

Gotta be people just typing a familiar phrase, or something they like into the field notes, right? Because you have to type something. Like for example, if it were me, I'd type Beer for every field note. :laughing: Actually I just texted in a field note for a cache over the weekend, which is rare for me, and I typed "Found da bitch".

Edmonton, Alberta has a cacher too who only leaves a dot. Why even bother to log then?? It annoys me.

I've had him log a cache of mine that way. I emailed him asking what "." meant since the cache he did it on was a decent one that gets good logs.

off topic, you have found a cache of mine!

Edmonton, Alberta has a cacher too who only leaves a dot. Why even bother to log then?? It annoys me.

I've had him log a cache of mine that way. I emailed him asking what "." meant since the cache he did it on was a decent one that gets good logs.

You can't veer off topic like that. What was the answer? :laughing:

You can't veer off topic like that. What was the answer? :laughing:

He or she never did answer. :(

I think I am going to be working up at Namao airstrip for 6 weeks this summer. Will try to find one of your caches.

Message me when you do. I have one or two planned closer to Namao.

I'd be happy to go caching with a semi-local. (even if you are from Calgary).

I think I am going to be working up at Namao airstrip for 6 weeks this summer. Will try to find one of your caches.

Message me when you do. I have one or two planned closer to Namao.

I'd be happy to go caching with a semi-local. (even if you are from Calgary).

I am from Edmonton. I'm a Techno-Refugee (not many Hi-Tech jobs up there).

I have tones of unfound brass caps in Edmonton area that I would like to try to get. I think I only have 4 or 5 found, plus a DNF for the Railway Musieum cap.

You can't veer off topic like that. What was the answer? :(

He or she never did answer. :D

Well darn it. Carry on with your off topic then. :laughing: