Proximity to nearest cache

I recently published a series of caches, I had to move one of them due to it's proximity to cache GC167M6. This cache did not seem to exist and has not been published since. I was wondering at what point does a cache 'reserve' it's co-ords. Is it when you initially write the cache or is it when you submit it for review.

Also, where has GC167M6 got to.

Yep, once you submit for review, it "reserves" the 0.1 mile radius. Of course, as you have discovered this is dependent on proximity.

GC167M6 seems to be queued. Going by the GC Code I would guess that it's a cache that was created and then never sent for review by the creator, for whatever reason. Have a chat with one of the reviewers (the one that asked you to move your cache?) and they might be able to give you more info. Don't forget to include all the GC numbers!

Yep, once you submit for review, it "reserves" the 0.1 mile radius. Of course, as you have discovered this is dependent on proximity.

You don't need to submit for review to baggsy the space - leaving the Yes, this listing is active box unticked will mark the map. However, the reviewers have been known to request the owner of an unpublished cache to either complete the listing or remove it within a certain time if there is a conflict, so it doesn't necessarily last indefinitely...

Edited by keehotee

Hmmmm, all very interesting. The reviewer stated how far away the offending cache was so I went and had a look. There was a very nice bridge in just the right place, looking underneath there was a box that I thought was a cache but under closer investigation it seems to be a box that opens by an electronic signal :D provided by a sensor built into the hand rail of the bridge. I gave it a prod and a poke (and a bit of a kick :P ) but no joy :D . So I was rather hoping that it was going to be a cache with a difference but from the age of the GC number it would appear not. Shame!!!