Collectible Geocoin

kygeocache

I have several Geocoins I want to keep and not release. I registered them so they appear in my list of Trackable items. I have a fair number of coins and TB's I have released as well as collectibles and the list is becoming confusing. I would prefer the collectibles NOT appear in my list of trackable items. What would be the best way to do this, or am I going about this the wrong way for collectible coins? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! ;)

a feature was added to GC.com recently that is intended to address this concern

I have not tried it yet

it is described here -

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?p...page&id=250

some other options -

move the items to "unknown location"

(disadvantage - not easy to see all of the items at once)

move (drop) the items into an archived geocache

(notes - if it is not your geocache, the owner might choose to move them to "unknown location"

other people might drop items there, possibly making the inventory confusing)

create a geocache, but do not get it approved - drop the items there

let a friend who has no interest in trackables grab them from you

(possible disadvantage - they may get interested in trackables, and want to un-clutter their inventory)

create a new account, then grab the items over to it

Edited by Bhob

oh derrrr using it all wrong - i was able moving somethings into my collection without checking this box first somehow but not others. Perhaps there was an early bug in the system?

So I thought that checking that feature meant you could leave a coin in a cache for someone to collect rather than move!

Thanks for the clarification.

I allow most of my geocoins to be traded for if someone really wants it - if it's picked up by a real newb they can keep it if they put any sort of decent swag into the next cache.

PS and off topic Droo that's a really good looking way of posting a "how to" - how did you make it?

PPS ok I went back and read the help webpage then tried it all again. I was using correctly. In typical GC fashion it's all ambiguous and bound to confuse.

1. Selecting the "Collectible" status means ANYONE can collect your coin - even out of a cache. It simply means whoever picks it up does not have to move it to another geocache.

2. You do not have to set the preference to 'collectible' in order to move it to your collection - just grab it using the code and go to your inventory where there will by default be a link to move it to your collection as you are the owner. From the collection webpage you can click a link beside the coins name to move it back to your inventory whenever you want to drop it into a chace or an event again.

3. "Not Collectible" means the coin must be moved to a new cache if picked up.

4. If you don't choose either "collectible" or "not collectible" the default mandate is an activated coin is to be moved from cache to cache.

Clear as mud now?

Edited by forthferalz