Will Virtuals ever make a return?

I have been caching over a year and I have to admit that Earth and Virtual Caches are my favorite. I have tried Way Marking but it does not seem to be as involved as the Virtual Caches I have found.

Look at these for example:

Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Museum by Cybercat & Eddie (GCB6A8):

* Featured in FTF Geocacher Magazine as well as seen on 'The View' and Montel Williams.

Works of Dionicio Rodriguez by Cybercat & Eddie (GCC0E0):

* This took me around the NE side of San Antonio looking at amazing art work.

Boot Scootin' Cache by Cybercat & Eddie (GCDF8B):

* Texas' first dancehall

Lady of the Rivers by Island-Dave (GC356F):

* Beautiful statue of Mary along the mississippi river protecting the city of Port Des Sioux and the boats passing through the river.

These are just a few examples of the great virtual caches I have found and truly believe a return to virtuals could work if we made criteria like Earthcaches to preclude the Jack in the Box and local hardware store like I found on way marking this weekend.

Is it ever going to be possible to see a return?

Edited by killrb14

I have been caching over a year and I have to admit that Earth and Virtual Caches are my favorite. I have tried Way Marking but it does not seem to be as involved as the Virtual Caches I have found.

* Featured in FTF Geocacher Magazine as well as seen on 'The View' and Montel Williams.

* Texas' first dancehall

* Beautiful statue of Mary along the mississippi river protecting the city of Port Des Sioux and the boats passing through the river.

These are just a few examples of the great virtual caches I have found and truly believe a return to virtuals could work if we made criteria like Earthcaches to preclude the Jack in the Box and local hardware store like I found on way marking this weekend.

Apparently not in my or your lifetimes.

* Texas' first dancehall

You can find them at Waymarking.com

Virtual caches aren't caches. They are sightseeing.

Edited by bittsen

* Texas' first dancehall

I heard it from a guy, who learned from a man, who knew a monk who was told by a goat that was explained to him by a monkey who when wondering in the jungle over heard a zebra telling an elephant what was heard from a tiny field mouse who was way way way way too excited to keep it a secret that what he was told one day by a wolf in sheep's clothing, in the middle of the afternoon sun after being told by this person named Bob......... No they will not, that's why they created the Waymarking site. So that geocaching would remain more about physical caches in the true spirit of it, and there is now a site just for it.

I'm pretty new here, so this may not be the case, but dont you think that maybe virtuals are better BECAUSE they're banned?

Let's be honest, if Waymarking disallowed new listings, and only the owner maintained waymarks from several years ago that survived without EVER going down were allowed to stay, dumb "Jack-in-the-box" listings would disappear and only the truly special ones would remain?

I think virtuals are a lot like the older caches in most areas. You can say that caching mustve just been better back then, but maybe the reason the other ones are gone is that they weren't special, and were left with the good ones.

Edit: formatting

Edited by kmartcachier

Round 456789098837645. It is NOT coming back even you pay Jeremy a million buck. Do I have to say anything more?

By the same logic, let's have a 1 year moratorium on new caches being published. That should lead to an improvement of caches.

...and the cachecops will come out of the woodworks. ;)