how do you become a reviewer?

For the official answer, please see the Page in the Groundspeak Knowledge Books entitled Volunteer Cache Reviewers.

Groundspeak is adding reviewers at a fast pace, especially in countries other than the USA where geocaching is experiencing rapid growth. Basically the program relies on an individual volunteer raising their hand and saying their workload has become too busy, and that an additional reviewer is needed. An internal selection and approval process follows from that.

Not that I want to. I'm just curious about the process.

Are you sure that you didn't mean moderator?

Too funny.

If I was a moderator you would ALL be banned!

I'm too cute to be banned. :laughing::(:D

Besides, I have a Blue Bow!

OK... not you.

It might get a little boring in here if I was the only one (this isn't highlander).

Dangit! the power of the blue bow got me!

Edited by brslk

Too funny.

Besides, I have a Blue Bow™!

OK... not you.

It might get a little boring in here if I was the only one (this isn't highlander).

Actually, it would probably be pretty boring in here if it were just the two of you, but we wouldn't know... would we?

Too funny.

OK... not you.

Actually, it would probably be pretty boring in here if it were just the two of you, but we wouldn't know... would we?

And of course I would have to keep our good friend. It wouldn't be much fun without a troll. :)

Keystone's link explains the actual process. If you want to know what it feels like to be a reviewer, when you wake in the morning hit yourself over the head with a hammer several times. The effect is the same, but you'll save money on the Xanax.

Keystone's link explains the actual process. If you want to know what it feels like to be a reviewer, when you wake in the morning hit yourself over the head with a hammer several times. The effect is the same, but you'll save money on the Xanax.

If I felt nothing but contempt for a volunteer position I held and the people I was helping, I'd quit. Just sayin'.

I'm glad Ontario has friendly reviewers who actually like geocaching and geocachers.

If I felt nothing but contempt for a volunteer position I held and the people I was helping, I'd quit. Just sayin'.

I'm glad Ontario has friendly reviewers who actually like geocaching and geocachers.

You recognize humor when you see it, right?

You can enjoy the heck out of a volunteer position and still laugh about how insane one must be to join the ranks. :P

You can enjoy the heck out of a volunteer position and still laugh about how insane one must be to join the ranks. :D

Yup. And you could substitute "reviewer" with "forum regular" without changing the humor (or truth of it) one bit! :P Edited by knowschad

Too funny.

I'm too cute to be banned. :P:D:D

OK... not you.

And of course I would have to keep our good friend. It wouldn't be much fun without a troll. B)

Or a few squatters. :P:D:):lol:;)B)

Edited by Team Cotati

You can enjoy the heck out of a volunteer position and still laugh about how insane one must be to join the ranks. :P

Sure, but I've never seen that particular user demonstrate anything resembling humour or love of the game.

I think that one can love their job, paid or not, but still laugh at how difficult or obnoxious it can be sometimes. For example, as I've mentioned; I'm a web designer. I LOVE my job. I work at home in my pajamas, cache on my lunch break, set my own schedule, get paid well and have awesome clients; but my job still feels like this sometimes: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

Therefore, I can understand Briansnat's sentiment. I don't think he said it because he hates being a reviewer, or that he hates caches. Just some ever so slight off color humorous perspective I think.

I think that one can love their job, paid or not, but still laugh at how difficult or obnoxious it can be sometimes. For example, as I've mentioned; I'm a web designer. I LOVE my job. I work at home in my pajamas, cache on my lunch break, set my own schedule, get paid well and have awesome clients; but my job still feels like this sometimes: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

Therefore, I can understand Briansnat's sentiment. I don't think he said it because he hates being a reviewer, or that he hates caches. Just some ever so slight off color humorous perspective I think.

I did not know that he is a reviewer. Is he?

I did not know that he is a reviewer. Is he?

Oh I thought he was... maybe I'm wrong.

Sure, but I've never seen that particular user demonstrate anything resembling humour or love of the game.

Really? Either there is a personal issue between the two of your or we have not been viewing the same person's posts.

The latter is quite possible. You do realize that I'm the 4th BrianSnat here? My real name is Kenny Clayton. The previous BrianSnat was very funny and I've never quite been able to match his whacky, wild and wonderful sense of humor. Lord knows I've tried but it just doesn't seem to come across right.

That and I'm not too keen on this whole geocaching thing. The way the previous BrianSnat talked about it in such glowing terms I really thought it would be something I would love. Oh well.

You were probably reading the previous BrianSnat's posts. Once in a while I go back and read them when I need a chuckle. He was a pretty funny guy.

Edited by briansnat

Oh. Got a Princess Bride thing going on.

I have to admit that I had noticed the current iteration wasn't quite as sharp as the previous one. I figured you had actually been knocking yourself in the head with a hammer in the morning.

I've only been at this for a few months. Hopefully I'll get better at it.

I have to admit that I had noticed the current iteration wasn't quite as sharp as the previous one. I figured you had actually been knocking yourself in the head with a hammer in the morning.

You should probably stop hanging around the noobs so much. You'll hone your wit much better hanging around us haters. :P

You're doing just fine as far as I'm concerned, Jerry.

That was one of the funnyest cartoons I have ever read.

That was one of the funnyest cartoons I have ever read.

It's one of my favorites. It helps me get through my day sometimes. I have it bookmarked. :P