"500 - Internal Server Error" When trying to update coords

SLAPSH0T

Are you trying to change them by more than 528 feet? If so, this is a well known issue, instead of putting up a reasonable error, the site just seems to choke. Poor programming at best.

No, it's probably less than 100'. Also, I think I got a slapshot in the head. Problem solved.

Thanks.

Edited by Mustcache

Are you trying to change them by more than 528 feet? If so, this is a well known issue, instead of putting up a reasonable error, the site just seems to choke. Poor programming at best.

No, it's probably less than 100'. Also, I think I got a slapshot in the head. Problem solved.

Thanks.

I am getting the same error. How did you solve your problem?

The bad news is, it's a bug - this message appears, since the last site release, when you try to move a cache by more than 528 feet.

The good news is, you wouldn't have been able to move the cache that far anyway. Before this bug, you would have had a message to that effect. So either way you would need to contact the reviewer; it's just that with this bug, you can't see that. So, mildly annoying, but no loss of functiinality.

There are actually two similar issues: an error if you try to move a cache more than the allowed distance of 528', and an error if you select a log type of "Update Coordinates" but fail to check the box for adding the coordinates. Both will be fixed in the next release.