June 2010 Photo Competition

Many apologies to a delay in getting this started, my internet has been down for 2.5 weeks, just logged on finally and found I had won....many thanks for picking me as winner!!!

I'm judging this time, so please get your photos posted on this thread before the 1st of July.

I'll also just cut 'n' paste the rules (the latest version from the original January 2010 thread):

1) The only hard and fast rule is that the photo must be cache related and to do with a specific cache, caching series or caching trip. There should be a hyperlink(s) to the cache(s) in the post. The cache(s) must be from the UK or Ireland.

2) Two photos per cacher per month (give or take).

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent if possible. (No debates as to what recent means! This rule is flexible.)

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

As this is 'just for fun', I'm not going to be strict about rules 2 or 5, although rule 1 will have to be adhered to. However, if there are several good photos to choose between, I might be tempted to pick one that was actually taken in April 2010 and even more tempted if it's associated with your own caching log! And is the photo is REALLY old, it might only get recognition for Historical Interest.

Obviously, this is going to be highly subjective, so don't get disheartened if you thought your photo was better than the eventual winner. Please keep on trying - especially as the judge will change monthly.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work.

No theme this month, just looking forward to seeing what you have.....

Cheers

Shiltonpig

Hey, are they the ones that were around a couple of years ago? You know, the ones with the TB tag on! Can't see the tag in the pics! Are you hiding them so you can't log them from the photo?

The lighthouse must be quite small!!

:P

The Jeeps are BIG :anicute::)

One of the Jeeps has a couple of TB tags on the back, normally readable. Though after last weekend the code is hidden under some mud!

I could tell you about the lighthouse, but I don't want to spoil it for anybody who wants to visit the caches in the area :huh:

Found this one on the way to Bagstone Bounty Bonus #1 - GC26844

Sombody at work said it looks like a painting because I took it on the iphone and its low res / grainy effect. I rather like that look but I wish I had taken my proper camera with me that day.

GC26844

68a554fa-f54d-4261-b05e-fc31a96112d0.jpg

Edited by Chaotica_UK

Firstly a huge thank you again to Chaotica_UK for picking me as winner last month....

This is the hard bit as I really liked a lot of the photo's from this month....a few comments before I announce the winner...

Martlakes - clever photo, took a while to work out what was happening, lots of colour and great reflection...

The Flying Boots - Such vibrant colours, and an unusual tree, really liked this one....

miapearl - liked the father and son aspect to this photo....a family moment...nice stones...

Haggis Hunter - spacial awareness great photo, puts you right in the spot and makes you wish you were there...

Haggis Hunter - statues....clever reflection and made me smile....

ivanidea - unusual to see this type of photo in UK, made me think of being abroad...

hobgoblinkiteflier - flowers are so vibrant with the colours, nice effect with the rain...

aliandtone - 2 great family photos...the second one captured the fun of geocaching....liked it

Adam W89 - 5 really good photos, crisp and clear....ones to be proud of...

Guanajuato - to me this photo captures the innocence of youth...loved it

Izzy and the Lizard King - hand lol made me laugh...A+ for originality!

Izzy and the Lizard King - Poppy field is a great photo...

Chaotica_UK - makes you feel as you can reach right in and grab one....

So this is the bit that is so hard as its all so subjective....however my mind is made up...

3rd prize -Haggis Hunter for the valley view....great great photo

2nd prize The Flying Boots kept looking and looking at this photo, my type of picture

and the winner this month is Guanajuato! Congratulations....and I hope you find it as hard as me to judge next months competition!

Many thanks to all who entered, I can honestly say I liked all of them....and keep on entering who knows you may win next month!

and the winner this month is Guanajuato! Congratulations....and I hope you find it as hard as me to judge next months competition!

:)

I'm currently doing a photography course through Practical Photography magazine that's inspiring me to take pictures I probably wouldn't have done, or taking pictures in a different way. I know there's at least one other cacher doing the course too. Its obviously paying off! :(

I'd agree that all the photos are lovely. My favourite has to be 'The View from the cache'.

July's competition is here.

No - I'm far too much of a cheapskate to sped more on softare than the camera, lenses and computer combined! But I do have The Gimp, so I might give it a go. Then again, we have two absolutely stunning original portraits of our girls, painted by their Nana that'd knock socks of anything I could produce! And she reckons she's not very good!!

I'll have to give that technique a look though.

For those who are too cheap to buy Photoshop, have you considered Elements?

Can be purchased for £32 here

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/Shop/deta...;SubCategoryID=

In all honesty, most of the magazines say that nearly all the tips and tricks they provide can be done using elements. Personally, I have a subscription to Digital Photo and I've yet to find anything useful that Elements can't do! If it can't, they provide you with a workaround.