What happened to the satellites?

Sunday (6/13) my gpsrs worked fine. A meridan gold and a garmin 12. Monday morning about 10:00 Eastern while I was using them they both went nuts for about five minutes. Now I can't find and lock on any satellites. So I used another meridian gold and got the same results. Did they flip a switch on the satellites? I'm in northwest PA if that makes any difference. Maybe this is a known thing and I missed it.

It could be batteries that are running low; some receivers don't work very well with weak batteries and the battery life indicator might not be accurate for the type of battery being used. The only other thing I can think of is some sort of localized interference. Where were the receivers being used (car, forest, etc.)?

Thank you for the responses. If it was only one receiver I wouldn't have bothered you guys. But three with new batteries, over a period of four days in places that I used to pick up six satellites now I can only pick up three and can't maintain a lock. Well, I guess it must be my magnetic personality. I'll put this on the back burner and see if others are having this problem. Maybe it's my ancient equipment. Thanks everyone.

I just thought the account name is highly ironic in light of the post... sorry, nothing useful to add, can't think of what might have happened.

When we first started we always charged in on a cache on the straight line crashing through brush, walking through swamps. It always seemed that we were coming through the back door. Being old, thinking of the Doors song "Backdoor Man" we were going to use that name. After a little more thought we came to the conclusion that name could be misconstrued. Thanks for the help. I am going to try all the gpsrs again today.

What happened during the timeframe you mentioned, over Erie, Pa was a sever micro-magnetic diversion.

What happens is there is a momentary (on a global timescale) surge in the magnetic field of the planet that is strong enough to actually bend the satellite signals as they travel back to earth.

As a coincidence, anyone with satellite TV can attest to the same reduction in signal sometimes on cloudless days. These micro-magnetic diversions are not a natural phenomenon but rather caused by cloaked alien spacecraft flying over the selected areas.

I hope this helps explain the issue for you.

What happened during the timeframe you mentioned, over Erie, Pa was a sever micro-magnetic diversion.

What happens is there is a momentary (on a global timescale) surge in the magnetic field of the planet that is strong enough to actually bend the satellite signals as they travel back to earth.

As a coincidence, anyone with satellite TV can attest to the same reduction in signal sometimes on cloudless days. These micro-magnetic diversions are not a natural phenomenon but rather caused by cloaked alien spacecraft flying over the selected areas.

I hope this helps explain the issue for you.

I'm on to you buddy boy! Everyone thinks that's a dragon, but I know the truth. You're one of them there lizard aliens things. You just watch your step. I got my eye one you.

Sunday (6/13) my gpsrs worked fine. A meridan gold and a garmin 12. Monday morning about 10:00 Eastern while I was using them they both went nuts for about five minutes. Now I can't find and lock on any satellites. So I used another meridian gold and got the same results. Did they flip a switch on the satellites? I'm in northwest PA if that makes any difference. Maybe this is a known thing and I missed it.

How far are you from Camp David or Raven Rock? If somebody important is visiting the area they tend to jam up the gps signals for a few days. Usually happens on weekends.

How far are you from Camp David or Raven Rock? If somebody important is visiting the area they tend to jam up the gps signals for a few days. Usually happens on weekends.

Good to know, I will be in Emmitsburg in August and that is between both of them, as I am sure you know.

Edited by Vegas Gamblers