What is a platinum membership?

Pinehurst

Well, I am using my super secret sock puppet account so no one knows who I am. I guess that makes it safe enough. Platinum membership is a super secret level of membership at GC.com that give a cacher access to things basic members and premium members can only dream of. I am quite partial to the annual get together. Monaco this year.

Do you per chance remember the first rule of Platinum Membership?

Well shaw, but I was told that if I logged enough caches for briansnat I'd be recommended for membership.

Seven years later and I'm still logging.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Well shaw, but I was told that if logged enough caches for briansnat I'd be recommended for membership.

I'm just glad I'm using this secret identity.

Who are you really, anyway?

Well shaw, but I was told that if logged enough caches for briansnat I'd be recommended for membership.

I'm just glad I'm using this secret identity.

Who are you really, anyway?

I've been trying to figure that out myself. Does anyone really know themselves the way they should?

Well, I am using my super secret sock puppet account so no one knows who I am. I guess that makes it safe enough. Platinum membership is a super secret level of membership at GC.com that give a cacher access to things basic members and premium members can only dream of. I am quite partial to the annual get together. Monaco this year.

1. Like what?

2. How many are there?

3. How do you become one?

1. Like what?

2. How many are the

1. This is after all a semi secret level of membership so details are not well known. There have been rumors of caching trips on the company jet. The trips were to find the very exclusive Platinum member only caches that are rumored to have extraordinary swag that you don't even have to trade for.

2. Unknown, very closely guarded, but not very many.

3. There is a very famous cacher in Atlanta that nominates members. I hear this member can be bribed with milkbones.

I don't know about you guys, but I just got an email one day with a link to sign up. Nice features though, definitely worth the extra couple of bucks.

I guess if you meet the net worth requirement it seems like just a couple extra bucks. Definitely not for the "little folks" as the BP execs say.

I don't know about you guys, but I just got an email one day with a link to sign up. Nice features though, definitely worth the extra couple of bucks.
Did it come from Nigeria with the requirement that you send bank details?

Mine came from Nigeria but it wanted me to actually mail them my wife's credit card. They wanted to run it and were supposed to send it right back but they are still using it. I'd report it to the bank but they don't spend as much as she did.

Edited by GOF's Sock Puppet

Mine came from Nigeria but it wanted me to actually mail them my wife's credit card. They wanted to run it and were supposed to send it right back but they are still using it. I'd report it to the bank but they don't spend as much as she did.

LOL!!! :)

I had to send the actually wife. Nice trade really! They aren't real happy, but thank God I got that no refund clause.

Edited by EddieB606

At the risk of losing my Platinum Membership. I can't let this go any longer. I will let all standard members know the requirements for a Platinum Membership.

A Platinum membership only goes to platinum members. A platinum member has all of the following attributes:

1. Owner of the latest GPS technology which is able to enter platinum coordinates.

2. Must have found a minimum of 10 platinum geocaches.

3. Must have found a platinum geocache within the past 3 months.

4. Must have an activated platinum coordinate decoder.

5. Must have possessed a Top-Secret Clearance from the military, or governing sanctioning body, within the past 7 years.

6. Must have access to platinum 900 number.

7. Must have at the minimum 3 platinum travel bugs in circulation with each traveling 10,000+ miles in three continents that are surrounded by a major ocean.

8. Must be ready to geocache at a moments notice.

9. Can never leave the home without at least two qualifying GPSr units

10. And, most importantly, must hold a valid platinum license issued by the local governing authority.

At the risk of losing my Platinum Membership. I can't let this go any longer. I will let all standard members know the requirements for a Platinum Membership.

A Platinum membership only goes to platinum members. A platinum member has all of the following attributes:

1. Owner of the latest GPS technology which is able to enter platinum coordinates.

5. Must have possessed a Top-Secret Clearance from the military, or governing sanctioning body, within the past 7 years.

7. Must have at the minimum 3 platinum travel bugs in circulation with each traveling 10,000+ miles in three continents that are surrounded by a major ocean.

10. And, most importantly, must hold a valid platinum license issued by the local governing authority.

Lies, all lies. Do all that and then they say 'oh now just log a few caches for Briansnat and your in.'

Still waiting!

Lies, all lies. Do all that and then they say 'oh now just log a few caches for Briansnat and your in.'

Still waiting!

I must say. Stringing you along is is one of the longest and most popular threads in the platinum forums.tongue.gif

1. Like what?

2. How many are there?

PM is on its way. Do NOT tell anyone!!

I must say. Stringing you along is is one of the longest and most popular threads in the platinum forums.tongue.gif

That thread is disrespectful and filled with personal attacks. It's too bad I'm not a moderator in the Platinum forum, but that's the result of allowing the platinum members to vote for their moderators. Still, I can't believe that bittsen hasn't shut that thread down yet.

That thread is disrespectful and filled with personal attacks. It's too bad I'm not a moderator in the Platinum forum, but that's the result of allowing the platinum members to vote for their moderators. Still, I can't believe that bittsen hasn't shut that thread down yet.

Your just sore because bittsen gave you that time out.

Oh well, some attention is better than none. At least I'm not completely ignored like ol' whats-his-face :)

To me, the ultimate platinum advantage is that if you cannot find a cache, Jeremy (or one of his designated people) will appear within 15 minutes to show you where it is. If you ever see a person using a personal jetpack to fly into a cache location, you will know that it is just Groundspeak saving a platinum cacher from ever having to log a dnf.

Platinum members are also the only group that has access to all the new virtual and web cam caches. The web cams don't do that much good because one of the rules with platinum membership is to never have your picture taken. Groundspeak has yet to work out the bugs with that.

Platinum members are also the only people who can find certain caches that are supposedly unfound.

And of course all the stuff about the parties, private jets, super-secret meetings and the like are true. That gives them super-secret icons that they can put on their super-secret profiles, which of course nobody will ever see. The fact that you cannot see it is your assurance that such things exist. Sometimes platinum cachers will disguise themselves as the "Bilderberg Group" or "Majestic 12" so if you ever run across references to any of those type of things, you know what is really going on.

Edited by mulvaney