Archived Caches List

N7MFT

Hello;

I use GSAK for my caching needs and I would like to ask for a feature. I would like an archived caches file that members could download either once a month or once every two months. The list would be an ongoing list of the previous 2 - 3 months archived caches. The value in this is that Clyde and the other developers could add code into their programs that would delete the archived caches from the database of caches that have not been found. It would also remove the need for the emailing of archived cache notifications. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Yes, I'd like one. I also think I'll get it when a cold front moves into the underworld.

I use Last GPX Update as well, together with Waypoint -> Status Check assigned to a function key. For any geocaches in GSAK not in my regular PQ, I have a "GSAK Holes" bookmark (and corresponding PQ).

Hello;

I use GSAK for my caching needs and I would like to ask for a feature. I would like an archived caches file that members could download either once a month or once every two months. The list would be an ongoing list of the previous 2 - 3 months archived caches. The value in this is that Clyde and the other developers could add code into their programs that would delete the archived caches from the database of caches that have not been found. It would also remove the need for the emailing of archived cache notifications. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

What is GSAK?

Hello;

What is GSAK?

Geocaching Swiss Army Knife

Hello;

What is GSAK?

I can upload PQ's to my gps directly and have no need for that.

Hello;

What is GSAK?

GSAK does much more than just load caches to your GPS.

Hello;

What is GSAK?

GSAK does much more than just load caches to your GPS.

Ok.

The value in this is that Clyde and the other developers could add code into their programs that would delete the archived caches from the database of caches that have not been found.

Clyde could already do this quite easily. If he wanted to. He apparently does not. No "archived caches" query needed.

Groundspeak doesn't encourage offline databases. Their business model is built on site visits. Therefore, before you go caching they'd like you to generate a fresh PQ. Which makes perfect sense to me.

My advice: quit trying to replicate the Groundspeak database on your computer and use PQs in the manner they were intended.