Most caches in one day

Just curious to see what has been everybody's best day of caching. By best day, we are purely talking number of caches. I am nearing my 100th find. to commemorate it I am preparing to attempt to find 100 in a single day. It should be tough but I am doing my homework and plotting out a route of 120 easy finds, an extra 20 just in case there are some DNF's. Gonna get started at the break of dawn and cache our butts off until we hit the century mark. I even ordered a stamp with our team name to trim the time of signing logs. It looks like July 17th will be the day. I will post a recap once it is over.

FIRST POST BTW

Mine is 25 or something like that. I lean toward quality-over-quantity.

Once in a while, it's fun to pile into a few cars with a bunch of other cachers and drive around grabbing LPCs, but I prefer nice walks, interesting multi-caches, historical sites, challenging puzzles, things like that.

Somewhere around twenty.

Great day of fun with a couple of friends. A really relaxed outing with a stop for refreshment at a pizza joint, with beer of course.

We've done several of these and have enjoyed them all. Can't wait until we see an opportunity nearby.

Wish that we lived nearer to Rachel, Nv. We'd be all over that new power trail....but not in the summertime, criminnie people it's in the desert for crying out loud.

Too funny.

I've been focusing on biking and caching this year, so I've had some pretty good days along a few Rails to Trails. My best day so far has been 32 Finds and 5 DNFs in 9 hours. Some tough hides and multis in that count, too.

I won't do "numbers runs", but I do like to see the numbers add up. I have another long day planned for tomorrow. 50+ caches loaded in the GPS; but I don't reckon to get them all.

I think 85 or so -- 84 of which were on a bike, so it made for a fun day. About a 42 mile ride into some nice areas where I had never been. Unfortunately, I took a fall around mile 40, which continues to give me problems, so the trip was memorable for a few reasons.

One of these days, I will get around to completing the century mark. There is a challenge cache I would like to log. We are going to Las Vegas next week to watch professional darts and my wife tells me I should get 118 on the e.t. trail (we have sometimes talked about visiting Rachel when we are there for darts, but there are four earthcaches in the Valley of Fire that are more tempting to me. We'll see.)

Edited by mulvaney

7 I think is where we capped out one day. Had to give some serious props to my mom with mobility issues who stuck with it the entire time we were out without any complaint and probably would have pushed on some more but I didn't want her to over do it.

I might not have high numbers but that's ok because I'm getting quality time with loved ones.

I found 240 caches on July 4th, 2004, back when you had to travel a good distance to find a suitable cache density of regularly-placed caches. At the time, it was a "world record" (the quotes are because every "record" is set using slightly different conditions).

Nowadays, with straight-line intentional power trail runs, 250 caches is called "a busy morning."

I got tired of defending my shared "record" against various claims that I could not possibly have found that many caches. That negativity took away from the fun of doing what we did, so I stopped posting about it except for rare occasions like this post.

I like it that nowadays there are not reflexive cries of "cheating!" every time someone claims a high daily find total.

I've not felt the urge to do anything like that record run since then. I do have a goal of finding 100 caches in a day, solo. I may still do that sometime. I tried once, but only got to 72 finds because I was also trying to avoid parking lots that day, and to avoid taking the GPS out of the car, just to make it more challenging.

I found 240 caches on July 4th, 2004, back when you had to travel a good distance to find a suitable cache density of regularly-placed caches.

I most places in the world, you still do. The highest number for me is 31. I had a meeting in California and had a free day after to spend geocaching. I was in Mountain View and was flying out of SFO in the evening so I just worked my way north until I got tired.

My highest is 6. I did this amazing feat with my (then) 3 year old son, including piggy backing him up a 70% grade small mountain (the locals call it a mountain, here in Calgary, we would call it a hill). I have done 5 in one day 7 times.

Usualy when I have enough time to do lots, I decide to do one long hike cache, and bag a few on route. This tends to limit the total number.

Like next Saturday, I have all day. Starting at 0400h, going till probably 1700h. I am going to grab a mountain top cache, and I will grab the one at the parking area. That makes 2 caches in 13h of caching.

According to the data at INATN it's 109. But it is actually a bit higher. In my mind a caching day starts when we head to the first cache, and ends when we return home/to our hotel no matter the hour. But INATN cuts it off at midnight; of course the 109 might contain a few from the previous day.

9, I think.

How on earth does someone do over 100 in one day? I'm usually exhausted after doing a handful.

Am I missing something here?

100 LPCs wouldn't take much effort.

I don't know. To me it's like swallowing goldfish, after the first few they keep getting harder to stomach.

I got tired of defending my shared "record" against various claims that I could not possibly have found that many caches. That negativity took away from the fun of doing what we did, so I stopped posting about it except for rare occasions like this post.

Just like clockwork! I hadn't even noticed this attack post at the time when I made my post to this thread. I've come to accept that there will always be newbies and people with limited geocaching skills who think it's impossible to rack up big daily find counts.

Like others who have posted, i'm not in it for the numbers. However, and just to do something different,,, the group of friends i routinely cache with decided to try for a record of our own. Nothing serious but we did want to see if we could find 100 within a 24 hour period. We picked out a series of caches up north of us that were placed along back roads and that pretty much barely met the .10 mile guideline. In otherwords, fairly easy park and grabs every tenth of a mile or so.

Well, it turned out to be an easy exercise with us hitting the 100 mark that afternoon. I don't remember for sure but i think our actual caching time came close to 11 hours that day.

I have another long day planned for tomorrow. 50+ caches loaded in the GPS; but I don't reckon to get them all.

It was indeed a long day. I pulled out of my driveway at 4:30AM and pulled back in at 9:00PM. But I got 37 finds and only 3 DNFs. I probably could have gotten another 10 or so finds, but I abandoned the bike trail at the halfway point and went hiking in the woods. Had a great time, and completed the requirements for 2 challenge caches. Consumed a box of donuts, 3 bottles of Mt Dew, 3 bottles of ice tea, and 2 bottles of water. Felt slightly ill later on, but what the heck.

I think 6 in one day is the most I've done. Mostly because I have arthritis in my knees and ankles so I am completely wiped out after that many and hurt for a couple of days after(unless they are just park and grabs).

Also, I mostly cache with my wife and she isn't as into it as me.

Nabrag and I spent 3 days on the ET Highway series. On the second day, we fueled up in Ash Springs and started at the beginning of the trail, E.T. 001. On each and every cache, whoever spotted the find would retrieve the container, extract the log, and hand it to the other person. He would sign the log, replace the log, and the finder would replace it. We continued on with a short break around 1:30PM to use the facilities and grab a quick lunch and finished up at midnight. We logged 721 caches for the day, averaging 39 per hour. Our most in one hour was 58. We figured that someone could easily get 1000 caches for the day, without cheating, if they went the whole 24 hours. It was a long day but it was enjoyable - both of us are big fans of the desert.