New ideas?

mrpaseo

1. I am a member of another forum that has a section for members that have a certain level of posts. Their cut of is a little low at 100 posts but this can be expanded on to say 500 posts, or to bring it further 500 GC's found. I would further expand to premium membership for say three months. So, the requirements to enter a special members only forum would be something like:

1. Minimum three months paid premium membership.

2. Minimum 250 Geocaches found.

3. Minimum 250 posts on these forums.

This would weed out all the newbies that join and cause trouble without understanding the site.

2. Not sure how this one would work but it's an idea. I often would like to keep the geocoins that I find due to their design or meaning (I always put them back out for the record). Is there a way we could make copies of these coins available? ...or is this already happening?

Thanks for your time,

Ray

. . .

2. Not sure how this one would work but it's an idea. I often would like to keep the geocoins that I find due to their design or meaning (I always put them back out for the record). Is there a way we could make copies of these coins available? ...or is this already happening?

[/quote

Take a photo or scan it before you put it back out. If you want to purchase a copy of the coin, there are many web sites offering them for sale. Start with eBay and Google.

3. Minimum 250 posts on these forums.

This would weed out all the newbies that join and cause trouble without understanding the site.

Thanks for your time,

Ray

Maybe it is already there and you don't know it because you need another 239 posts. :blink:

Yes... Yes... I see your point...lol. I actually thought of that as I was typing it.

. . .

[/quote

Take a photo or scan it before you put it back out. If you want to purchase a copy of the coin, there are many web sites offering them for sale. Start with eBay and Google.

Yes, obviously this is the hard way to find the geocoin that I want. This thought came from a site that seemed to support taking them out of the caches and keeping them against the will of the owner. When I questioned if this was the objective of the site, no one would respond... Needless to say, I do not frequent that site any longer.

what exactly would a "special members only forum" be/contain?

Ahhhh, whatever we want?

This was developed on the other site from all the childish banter that went on day in and day out, as it has been identified I myself am new to the forums so I am unsure if this is an issue here.

:blink:

And just how would that 'improve' a n00bs' status or knowledge?

<snip>

Had a long response typed out, but decided not to post it. :blink:

Decided instead that OP doesn't exist because it doesn't meet the "minimum requirements" listed. ;)

what exactly would a "special members only forum" be/contain?

Ahhhh, whatever we want?

This was developed on the other site from all the childish banter that went on day in and day out, as it has been identified I myself am new to the forums so I am unsure if this is an issue here.

:blink:

We have the Off Topic forum for all our childish bantering needs. :o

(Maybe I'm being a bit unfair as some other serious topics get discussed on there as well. ;) )

MrsB

Were we not all newbies at one point in time? Not all of them cause trouble - many post legitimate requests for help.

I don't see why you would restrict this particular forum to premium members only. Premium membership doesn't mean that one is a better cacher than someone who has a regular membership.

With my 1,000+ finds, complete 81 grid, and 57 hides, I would still be excluded as I only have 157 posts to the forums.

As you can see, I tend to take umbrage with issues that are discriminatory in nature. But that's merely my own opinion.

As a teacher with multiple degrees in different fields, I am always learning from people much smarter, wiser, experienced, etc. I fail to qualify in two of three categories, possibly 3 if the cache level is raised.

I personally become a better cacher by reading and exploring "your" posts. The less then helpful post or question that I find to be out of place...

I hit the next button.