Caches by Motorcycle

I asked this on the emcache forum, but I am going to ask it here as well as this has a bigger audience...

I'm enjoying getting on my motorbike to do some of the caches, and just wondered if there were any other bikers who Geocache. Perhaps we could get together to combine a rideout with some caches, maybe even a regular thing.

I'm based in Leicester, so ideally anyone in my neck of the woods would be a good thing, but can always meet up somewhere in between if you live further away and do a few random caches somewhere.

I asked this on the emcache forum, but I am going to ask it here as well as this has a bigger audience...

I'm enjoying getting on my motorbike to do some of the caches, and just wondered if there were any other bikers who Geocache. Perhaps we could get together to combine a rideout with some caches, maybe even a regular thing.

I'm based in Leicester, so ideally anyone in my neck of the woods would be a good thing, but can always meet up somewhere in between if you live further away and do a few random caches somewhere.

I'm well known for bike-caching "down south". I've been a big biker all my life, but now I'm in my dotage it's a mid sized scooter. I would estimate that 2000 of my 2500 caches have been by motor-bike, 200 by push bike, 80 by boat, 20 by ski and 200 by car :D (and if you look at my stats and it looks like I haven't done 2500 caches, that's because I also do lots of caching on OpenCaching, TerraCaching and NaviCaching).

The scooter is very practical for caching because it has a vast amount of lockable storage. My overnight bag, helmet, jacket, etc., is all locked away while I'm off walking.

I'm happy to come up and meet you if you don't object to scooters, but goodness knows when it will be as I've got a hectic summer lined up!

Rgds, Andy

Edited by Amberel

Me and the wife do most of our caching on our bike these days so if you are ever down the the South West we will be up for a ride out. Are you into rallys, we have a few booked for this summer and it would be good to meet with a fellow geocacher at one and find a few local caches.

Ride safe!

I think there are a few of us around so like others have said why dont you arrange something and I am sure people will turn up

At the moment I am very new to Geocaching, I only have 25 finds so far, so don't know how it all works to arrange anything at the moment, but probably in the future yes. If anyone wants to go Geocaching by motorbike in the Midlands, please let me know.

Thanks for the offers of cahing by bike from you guys in the southwest, my diary is too full right now to organise a weekend doing that sort of thing, but I really hope that later in the year I will be able to :D

But in the meantime, any Midlanders, please shout from the rooftops... of if you want to do some caches in the Midlands, I do have a spare bed, and a front yard to park your bike in :D:PB)

In Germany (and other places Germanic) there is a large, open-to-all series called "MoCache". They are situated in good biking areas. They're usually "ride-in" locations on the road, often in a bend with great views.

What a brilliant idea, does anyone know of such a series in the UK ? Maybe I had better start a series when I place my first cache if there isn't.