Was so TEMPTED

yodabuds

Today, I finished a 3.5 star cache that I worked on a couple of times before getting it. When I got to the final I found a pin by a local "famous" cacher (well he has a HELLUva find #) I found what looked to be like his signature drop off item a custom pin with his name on it and a cute little design... I was so tempted to take the swag, but as I HAD NOTHING on me at the time (I was dropping off a trackable, but that don't count) So I did the right thing and left the pin in the cache... I got me thinking though could it be done rather inexpensively to have your own pin made up? Was thinking of simple design with the x with the circle around it logo and my name maybe in glitter or something..... any body got any experience with that, any ideas where to start? ball park cost wise for say 50 to 100? would be cool to have sig item to drop off in found caches...... I got some geojellies comming but I'm saving those to put into circulation, or for trade, or to use a swag to drop in a real hard cache that I complete..... So any ideas, anybody want to volunteer some artwork for a simple design incorporating my geocaching name on it?

Yodabuds

Aren't Oakcoins making pins as well?

You could ask there for a price quotation...

I have pathtags as a personal trade item, those are collectable or even used as a trolley token.

For myself I know I wouldn't use a pin. Maybe that's why I wouldn't fancy a custum design as a signature item...

Pins aren't typically trackable so the PTB are gonna frown on this here thread. You'd best make it trackable if you want to keep the discussion going. Also the people behind the Compass Rose and other navigation coins came out with a trackable pin a coupla years ago.... just sayin'.

Edited by Droo

Today, I finished a 3.5 star cache that I worked on a couple of times before getting it. When I got to the final I found a pin by a local "famous" cacher (well he has a HELLUva find #) I found what looked to be like his signature drop off item a custom pin with his name on it and a cute little design... I was so tempted to take the swag, but as I HAD NOTHING on me at the time (I was dropping off a trackable, but that don't count) So I did the right thing and left the pin in the cache... I got me thinking though could it be done rather inexpensively to have your own pin made up? Was thinking of simple design with the x with the circle around it logo and my name maybe in glitter or something..... any body got any experience with that, any ideas where to start? ball park cost wise for say 50 to 100? would be cool to have sig item to drop off in found caches...... I got some geojellies comming but I'm saving those to put into circulation, or for trade, or to use a swag to drop in a real hard cache that I complete..... So any ideas, anybody want to volunteer some artwork for a simple design incorporating my geocaching name on it?

Yodabuds

my only question is why spend money on making a pin when its not going to be ever worn? so with that i just wanna add that i have made sig coins out of those wooden nickles and also made some really big ones (size of nearly the bottom of pop can) they are cool, thats an idea also i was reading about beer cap art and wanted to check in to doing that.. hope that helps ya :huh:

my only question is why spend money on making a pin when its not going to be ever worn? so with that i just wanna add that i have made sig coins out of those wooden nickles and also made some really big ones (size of nearly the bottom of pop can) they are cool, thats an idea also i was reading about beer cap art and wanted to check in to doing that.. hope that helps ya :huh:

That's not necessarily true... my cache bag is covered in pins - some collect pins to decorate apparel for event.. you just never know. Some people get pins made to drop in caches as swag... just as you do wooden nickels...

~J

That's not necessarily true... my cache bag is covered in pins - some collect pins to decorate apparel for event.. you just never know. Some people get pins made to drop in caches as swag... just as you do wooden nickels...

~J

oh ok guess i never saw it that way.. stand corrected - i guess i just enjoy making things.. ill even make some up for ppl if you want me to... wooden coins that is...

Edited by chai_latte