what are the least expensive trackable

beatrixkiddo

Aren't the cachekinz the cheapest ones and they're on here I think.

What ever you do don't buy ANOTHER travel bug dog tag. I'll never get it, geocoins are unique, made of higher material, get you a little picture next to your name for each one... AND you can get them for $2 more than travel bugs... REALLY... Two dollars! For two dollars more just get the better object...

What ever you do don't buy ANOTHER travel bug dog tag. I'll never get it, geocoins are unique, made of higher material, get you a little picture next to your name for each one... AND you can get them for $2 more than travel bugs... REALLY... Two dollars! For two dollars more just get the better object...

True -- but just where is the uniqueness and the originality? Something that personifies "You"?

At $4.95 ea in the Shop Groundspeak store, it's tough to beat a set of TB dogtags (Original and copy tag -- do that with a geocoin).

Pretty (o-so-pretty) geocoins in the wild have the shortest lifespan of any traveler.

True -- but just where is the uniqueness and the originality? Something that personifies "You"?

At $4.95 ea in the Shop Groundspeak store, it's tough to beat a set of TB dogtags (Original and copy tag -- do that with a geocoin).

Pretty (o-so-pretty) geocoins in the wild have the shortest lifespan of any traveler.

Oh, is that why I see so few of them, I assumed it was because people bought travel bugs... I just ordered a geocoin... Maybe I'll just keep it...

Oh, is that why I see so few of them, I assumed it was because people bought travel bugs... I just ordered a geocoin... Maybe I'll just keep it...

THAT is a good idea. Carry it along with you as a personal trackable, dipping as you go.

Study the geocoin forum. Pay close attention and you will see that most posting there collect, but don't send into the wild. :D

THAT is a good idea. Carry it along with you as a personal trackable, dipping as you go.

Study the geocoin forum. Pay close attention and you will see that most posting there collect, but don't send into the wild. :D

Now I have a question, why do they have shorter lifespans?

Their nice, pretty, and people either keep them because they don't understand they are meant to travel, or know what they are and steal them.

Sadly, that is how some "collect" them -- at others' expense! :D

Wait! I've noticed people in the geocoin forum saying that they took them out of caches. I always assumed they took there own... That's terrible!

Study the geocoin forum. Pay close attention and you will see that most posting there collect, but don't send into the wild. ;)

My Precious, nice and shiny...

Some people have found a 'cheap way' to collect them. :blink:

I have about 70-80 Geocoins and have only released 2 into the wild. All of the others I bought unactivated and activated them in my account for my own collection. I also have one that I carry with me all all times to either dip or have fellower cachers discover.

As for TBs, I think they are the best to release because the owner can make them into anything they want. If you buy them on here in bulk you can get them chaper. I just purchased 8 of them @ $4.25 ea.

Shop Groundspeak is good if you live in the United States. They do not ship out of the US for regular customers.

We had to start our own online store <store link removed by moderator - sales are not allowed in the Travel Bug Forums, only in the geocoin forums> in order to purchase Groundspeak items here in Northern Ontario (Canada).

Edited by Eartha

Study the geocoin forum. Pay close attention and you will see that most posting there collect, but don't send into the wild. :)

i sent one coin out there and got lost, now i keep them

same goes for TB's, i really liked the idea but when they started disappearing i decided not to make any new ones

i got one Signal the Frog with a tag on it and goes with me everywhere and keeps track of my mileage ;)

I believe that the least expensive trackables currently are the Cachekinz for the Mega Events.The tag itself is unique, has a special icon, and something can be attached to it.

Here are the info threads

Introducing the new Raven GeoWoodstock Cachekinz

$3 GeoWoodstock VIII Salmon Cachekinz™ w/unique icon!

GCF 2010 Cachekinz, A Trackable for only $3.00

Are there any cachekinz event tags currently for sale?