CAN YOU LOG PATHTAGS ON GEOCACHING.COM OR ONLY ON PATHTAGS.COM?

On the back of a tag it says something like 'track on pathtags.com".

That tracking does not track its travels. Pathtags are more like registered swag. All tags of 1 design have the same number. When you log it, you log it into your collection. You can then keep it or drop it in another cache. There is no tracking where a specific tag has been.

If you find a pathtag in a geocache, the rules state that you must send it immediately to any geocacher whose username begins with the letters "Lovejoy & Tin"

Do a search and i'm sure you'll find someone with a user name like that, then just send them along...

LOL--I could've sworn that rule involved sending it straight to users whose names begin wtih "Q" and whose avatars include North American marsupials, but I must be wrong... ;):o:blink:

--Q

LOL--I could've sworn that rule involved sending it straight to users whose names begin wtih "Q" and whose avatars include North American marsupials, but I must be wrong... ;):o:blink:

--Q

Where have you been? The rules changed back in November 2009. Do try and keep up 007, sorry, Q

:o

Sorry L&T, but the rule changed just last week. You must now send them to cachers whose name is in Latin, goes by the initials "SQ", and lives in Texas.

Actually that brings up a question, I was told that pathtags do have to be traded for since they're not geocaching.com trackables. I will trade them for good swag or other pathtags. Is that true?

I always treat them as swag and trade for them. I just wish they're more common around here - over 1000 geocaches and I've found less than 10 pathtags in the wild.

A pathtag costs between $1 to $2, if you're worried about trading fairly. I try to trade a pathtag with another pathtag :)