Famous geocachers

Jozii

A German comedian - Bernhard Hoecker, he has even writen a book about geocaching, it is very funny.

Just one thing: Please don't tell his username, he wants his privacy, as everyone does! If you want to know, try this site, it's very useful!

Oh, and his name is Bernhard Hoëcker, two dots that make a small difference :lol:

Mezgrman

One of the top five cachers is a well known singer. (and it isn't alamogul)

Wesley Crusher from Star Trek used to.

Harrald was/is a stage hand for David Letterman.

Some actress chick who isn't really famous but was on some reality/action show.

And of course Galaxy from Splinterheads.

Pretty sure Adam Savage (of Mythbusters) is a Geocacher, from what I remember seeing somewhere

Personally, I'd rather go geocaching with Kari. Heck, I'd even do the ET PT if she'd do a ride-along.

I'll take Grant. I bet even repetitive micros would be fun if you found them with a robot.

One of the top five cachers is a well known singer. (and it isn't alamogul)

Wesley Crusher from Star Trek used to.

Harrald was/is a stage hand for David Letterman.

Some actress chick who isn't really famous but was on some reality/action show.

And of course Galaxy from Splinterheads.

Harrald wasn't just a stage hand, he was featured in many skits. I remember turning on Letterman one night after not seeing him for many years and there was Harrald on stage. I was kind of surprised and yelled "Hey, I know that guy" and my wife came running in to find out what I was shouting about.

Isn't there some minor actress from CA who is a pretty avid geocacher. Forget her name.

There was also a guy who was a somewhat famous cartoonist who frequented these forums at one time.

Edited by briansnat

Isn't there some minor actress from CA who is a pretty avid geocacher. Forget her name.

You're probably thinking of smav3719, who was discussed in the thread that I linked to above. She's still actively caching, too. Found her last three 6 days ago, one of 'em a 4 terrain! Edited by knowschad

Keystone found that Mia Farrow news article years ago, where she just appears to randomly bring up Geocaching to a reporter. I'm sure no one knows what the username is. Now I just noticed on the official Geocaching.com Twitter account Tweeted on June 15th that Mia Farrow and Soleil Moon Frye (AKA Punky Brewster) both Geocache. This Punky Brewster thing is news to me, but I'm sure they have their sources.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

You don't see as much of Mia Farrow on stage anymore, ever since she became the Volunteer Cache Reviewer for eastern New York.

Hmmm. I don't suspect we see much of ANYBODY after they become a volunteer cache reviewer, famous or naught.... ;)

Yeah.. they need to hide from the Blue Bow :)

Only Heartland Cacher is safe! *manaical laughter* I will RULE yet!

You're probably thinking of smav3719, who was discussed in the thread that I linked to above. She's still actively caching, too. Found her last three 6 days ago, one of 'em a 4 terrain!

That's who I referred to (not so graciously) in my last post. She was in Who wants to be a Superhero? with Stan Lee.

She was Monkey Woman.

Edited by wimseyguy

Keystone found that Mia Farrow news article years ago, where she just appears to randomly bring up Geocaching to a reporter. I'm sure no one knows what the username is. Now I just noticed on the official Geocaching.com Twitter account Tweeted on June 15th that Mia Farrow and Soleil Moon Frye (AKA Punky Brewster) both Geocache. This Punky Brewster thing is news to me, but I'm sure they have their sources.

I just googled Mia Farrow and Geocaching and came up with this interview in Time Out NY from 2006:

ToNY: You’ve got a lot going on. Do you ever have time to relax?

Farrow: wBelieve it or not, I have loads of fun. When I hang up, I’m going geocaching. Do you know what that ?

ToNY: No. What is it?

Farrow: Man, you don’t know what time it is! That’s what Flava Flav says in Flavor of Love, right? Okay, so

geocaching is where you get this thing that’s like a GPS. You go out and find these geocaches.

Basically, you’re looking for treasure, and you’re guided by your GPS, see? There are levels one

through five in terms of difficulty. I’m going with my daughter-in-law, my son and their four-month old

baby. We’re going to hike to this amazing spot, but it’s level one, so it won’t involve any

canoeing or mountain climbing. You don’t know about geocaching? You’ve got to get on board!

You're probably thinking of smav3719, who was discussed in the thread that I linked to above. She's still actively caching, too. Found her last three 6 days ago, one of 'em a 4 terrain!

That's who I referred to (not so graciously) in my last post. She was in Who wants to be a Superhero? with Stan Lee.

She was Monkey Woman.

heh... "the defuser" lived around the corner from us. was quite the scene when he won.