Mini Gold Cache

I would be careful with this because families like to mini golf and I don't know if I would like to be golfing around a stranger wandering around looking suspicious and poking at the ground

Right, because they know all the other folks golfing on the course. Wouldn't want to play around strangers. :lol:

You know what I mean...

I found a cache on a mini course. You could walk by the pay booth, tell them you were geocaching, and they'd let you in, no charge.

Some cute little bit of yard ornament - I no longer recall what exactly.

That cache wouldn't be published today, with its "tell the ticket guy you're geocaching" language, as the commercial section today says any interaction with employees = commercial intent.

Most mini golf courses I've played on required an admission fee to get onto.

They have caches in Yellowstone and I think you have to pay to get in there. They have left over virtuals in disneyland and to get in their takes a new mortgage. Having to pay to get in is not a bar to a cache site.

That doesn't even take into account all the times you have to pay for parking when you cache.

They have caches in Yellowstone and I think you have to pay to get in there. They have left over virtuals in disneyland and to get in their takes a new mortgage. Having to pay to get in is not a bar to a cache site.

That doesn't even take into account all the times you have to pay for parking when you cache.

Please, let's not mislead the OP.

Public Parks (whether national, regional, provincial, state or local) are not covered by the commercial caches guideline. The Disneyland virtuals are grandfathered and no cache of any type would be published inside a Disney property today. Even at Goofy's Mini-Golf Adventureland.

We're going to Disneyworld at the end of August and I'm glad for the virutals there as I doubt that I'd have a chance to go for any of the physical caches in the area. We're staying in one of the Disney resort hotels and going straight to/from the airport and won't have a vehicle. Coincidentally, we're also refinancing our house but that has nothing to do with the vacation (a nice reduction in interest rates).

There are lots of State parks around here that have day usage fees and pretty much all of them have caches (by permit only). One can often go real early or late in the day when the entrance booth is closed. At one park I told the person at the booth that I wanted to go in just to find a geocache and would be back out in 15 minutes or so and he didn't charge me.

We also love putt-putt golf and always took for mini-golf places when on vacation. My six year old son loves it. During a long weekend vacation last year in Lancaster, PA we hit three different mini-golf places in two days. There is one near Strasburg, PA that was, by far, the best I"ve seen. It was very large and on the side of a heavily landscaped hill. There were several man-made and natural waterfalls and just a really pretty spot to spend some time. Unfortunately there wasn't a cache there.