New Cache Type ?

SuperGoober

I sent an E-mail to Groundspeak a while ago stating that I think it would be fun to incorporate a New Cache Type sound1.jpg for Cache’s that required “sound”.

I was told that I should post this request on the Forums. :)

This would mean that you would have to hear (or) say something to gain access to the Cache.

The example that I gave was my “Talk to me” Cache.

(That utilizes speech recognition to gain access to the Cache)

There are other GREAT Cache’s that require listening to or saying some kind of “sound”:

Captain Crunch

Morse Code

Just thought this would be a fun (and unique) Cache Type.

Please be gentle, this is my 1st post on the Groundspeak Forums :laughing:

Edited by SuperGoober

And what makes it a new category? There are caches that require that you examine pictures, but they're not called Picture-Caches. There are puzzles that require using math, but there's not a Math-Cache type. We can't create cache types for every little variation. We have Mystery/Puzzle as the catch-all for things that don't neatly fall into the other categories.

And what makes it a new category? There are caches that require that you examine pictures, but they're not called Picture-Caches. There are puzzles that require using math, but there's not a Math-Cache type. We can't create cache types for every little variation. We have Mystery/Puzzle as the catch-all for things that don't neatly fall into the other categories.

I agree. We don't need to drill down to the tiniest difference between caches. Keep it general.

What they all said. Just having another way to access or encrypt a cache's location doesn't warrant creating a new cache type. :)

While I could perhaps see a "Multimedia" attribute for identifying content in the cache listing that's not viewable on common GPS devices without Audio/Video support I have to say I agree with the other posts that indicate this is covered by a combination of the Unknown/Mystery type and, um, reading the listing before heading out.