2 new drawings for geocoins

Turlutortue

Hi everyone, I have those drawings in hands for months now and decided to let you have a peak at them so I can have your input.

My son is Paffinator and is the artist.

My daughter is Moustaches de chaton.(Cat wiskers)

Paffinator decided to draw his sister a cat Moustacha, reflecting her caching ID and for him YinYan dragons (he LOVE dragons).

I need your input in the matter of Trackable or not trackable for those 2. Money is definitely an issue, I don't have to mint them together of course and I also want to know If there is interest in those designs.

Thanks

Turlutortue

MOUSTACHA

Moustacha.jpg

YINYAN DRAGONS

yinyandragons.jpg

Do detect a little anime'? Both are fun designs made more so by the fact they represent caching personae. Trackable means you can sell a bunch in an effort to recoup costs.

My son is the one who had a brain tumor, had chimo and radiotherapy head and spine, got Parkinson's syndrome after that, was supposed to die and now is alive, well enough to go back to school in september in Arts and LOVES to draw japanese animés. That's why we went to Japan as is Children's wish.

I love everything he does and he gets better and better everyday. No pills anymore, and a good steady hand.

Very proud of him, so that's why I wanted to celebrate his art in 2 geocoins. :)

Edited by Turlutortue

AWESOME drawings! Love them both! Trackable vs. non-trackable...all depends what you want to do with the coin. If the intent is to use them as sig items, then they do not need to be trackable. If you want to sell the coins in the forums, then make them trackable. If you are making both, you could always make one trackable and one not.

I love both designs!!! One is a cat.. Moustacha?? It sounds like the Mουστακα in greek and means big moustache! :laughing:

I really really loved the ying yang dragons!!! Amazing design andvery symbolic!

Except of the good and evil and their balance they show the birth of baby dragons! Drogons are great animals and symbols in many civilizations and they are respected a lot! And... they show strength, power...

When I read about your son Something came in my mind.... and I will post it here! Of course I can be completely wrong or what ever.... :)

But firstly I have to say that I am very happy that he is well!!! :rolleyes:

Now what came to my mind.....

Dragon shows power and strength... exactly what your son has and he fought cancer! He won his life back!

From that time he is reborn!!

The coin shows 2 baby dragons beting birth... a black and a white!

The white one that is getting out of his egg is your reborn son!

Something bad and something good....

what came in my mind is that the black dragon was the past time when he was a child and had the tumor! The white is the new him! The clean healthy child after this cituation!

I would love to see the white dragon on the upper part! ;) It will show that the White dragon beat the black too! Like your son beat the tumor!

So as you understood... I believe the best coin for your son is the dragons... :laughing:

I was also thinking.... Trackable and non trackable.... Hmm....

How about make the dragon to ceperate? I mean the white to be a coin and the black an other! when both will join (aybe a magnet can do this... I do not know..) they will create the complete coin!

And... how about one part to be trackable and the other not?

Here are 2 versions of what I am thinking...

V1: White Non trackable - black trackable!

The white will stay with the owner and the black will travel until it comes back to him! This will represent the journey, the difficult way your son made until he got healthy again! since this will always be a part of his life, the complete coin (both white and black) will represent the whole thing...

V2: White trackable - black non trackable!

Black again is the problem he had and the white is the new him, free of all the medical problems, ready to travel and see the world! He is leaving the bad things behind and starts his new life! :)

When the coin is complete (black and white together), it will represent again him! That he will never forget this and maybe one day he will help other children to be strong and fight! :laughing:

Edited by GATOULIS

I love both designs!!! One is a cat.. Moustacha?? It sounds like the Mουστακα in greek and means big moustache! :laughing:

I really really loved the ying yang dragons!!! Amazing design andvery symbolic!

Except of the good and evil and their balance they show the birth of baby dragons! Drogons are great animals and symbols in many civilizations and they are respected a lot! And... they show strength, power...

When I read about your son Something came in my mind.... and I will post it here! Of course I can be completely wrong or what ever.... :)

But firstly I have to say that I am very happy that he is well!!! :rolleyes:

Now what came to my mind.....

Dragon shows power and strength... exactly what your son has and he fought cancer! He won his life back!

From that time he is reborn!!

The coin shows 2 baby dragons beting birth... a black and a white!

The white one that is getting out of his egg is your reborn son!

Something bad and something good....

what came in my mind is that the black dragon was the past time when he was a child and had the tumor! The white is the new him! The clean healthy child after this cituation!

I would love to see the white dragon on the upper part! ;) It will show that the White dragon beat the black too! Like your son beat the tumor!

So as you understood... I believe the best coin for your son is the dragons... :laughing:

I was also thinking.... Trackable and non trackable.... Hmm....

How about make the dragon to ceperate? I mean the white to be a coin and the black an other! when both will join (aybe a magnet can do this... I do not know..) they will create the complete coin!

And... how about one part to be trackable and the other not?

Here are 2 versions of what I am thinking...

V1: White Non trackable - black trackable!

The white will stay with the owner and the black will travel until it comes back to him! This will represent the journey, the difficult way your son made until he got healthy again! since this will always be a part of his life, the complete coin (both white and black) will represent the whole thing...

V2: White trackable - black non trackable!

Black again is the problem he had and the white is the new him, free of all the medical problems, ready to travel and see the world! He is leaving the bad things behind and starts his new life! :)

When the coin is complete (black and white together), it will represent again him! That he will never forget this and maybe one day he will help other children to be strong and fight! :laughing:

Wow! Gatoulis, you are spot on for the meaming of the dragons. Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep it in mind and talk about it with Paffinator.

:D and as I said, I love the Moustacha coin too! After all I am Gatoulis! :D

I like that the cat is holding the stick!

Ok.. I may be flying in the sky and I am a dreamer... But I see some great details and meaning in the Cat coin too! :D

Let's see... The cat is happy and smilling ! Geocaching is a game that is making smile a lot especially when we find a cache! :D

Moustacha is holding a stick! I see it as.. even in hard times, even in difficulties a litle help is welcome and still have the strength and keep going...

the stick seems to have something on it... a kind of Lucky talisman?? Luck is needed to find a cache, many many times! :D

The cat is holding a GPS but I realised that she doesn't have the eyes open... the eyes are closed, ! I took it as the trust we have in the GPS! after all the GPS is playing the role of an eye too.... :D But it may show pleasure!!! Maybe moustacha just found her first FTF! :D

The whole design may also have an extra meaning! No matter if we have or not... some problems, health or other, geocaching will give us the smile and the strength we want and we will keep going! :D It makes our mind free and we enjoy the moment... we enjoy life! :D Meow! :D

Oh and... see the tail of the cat? It is up! So the cat is exited with the game, and happy! She feels safe.... She is friendly, interested, cheerful, and is showing affection! :D

Oh boy.... where do I see all these things??? :lol: I know... I know... I have too much of imagination! :lol:

I forgot to mention.... It would be great to see it trackable too! If one will be trackable, then both designs has to be!

If one will be trackable and the other not... maybe the one wit hte non trackable coin will feel sad....

And after all... The design shows it! Moustacha is a travellers and loves adventures!!! :D

Shaped coin would be great! I am only wondering how the light details will show! I am talking about the ending of the talisman of the stic, and the hairlines in the eyebrows and the moustache!

But I am sure it will be a purrrrfect coin and a very pretty one!!!! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

I adore them both, but the dragon design in particular really speaks to me.

I love gato's idea of having them be two coins that split apart, but realize that might be overly difficult. :lol:

I hope they get produced. The story behind them is poignant and would make me even happier to own such beautiful artwork.

:D and as I said, I love the Moustacha coin too! After all I am Gatoulis! :D

I like that the cat is holding the stick!

Ok.. I may be flying in the sky and I am a dreamer... But I see some great details and meaning in the Cat coin too! :D

Let's see... The cat is happy and smilling ! Geocaching is a game that is making smile a lot especially when we find a cache! :D

Moustacha is holding a stick! I see it as.. even in hard times, even in difficulties a litle help is welcome and still have the strength and keep going...

the stick seems to have something on it... a kind of Lucky talisman?? Luck is needed to find a cache, many many times! :D

The cat is holding a GPS but I realised that she doesn't have the eyes open... the eyes are closed, ! I took it as the trust we have in the GPS! after all the GPS is playing the role of an eye too.... ;) But it may show pleasure!!! Maybe moustacha just found her first FTF! :D

The whole design may also have an extra meaning! No matter if we have or not... some problems, health or other, geocaching will give us the smile and the strength we want and we will keep going! :D It makes our mind free and we enjoy the moment... we enjoy life! :D Meow! :D

Oh and... see the tail of the cat? It is up! So the cat is exited with the game, and happy! She feels safe.... She is friendly, interested, cheerful, and is showing affection! :)

Oh boy.... where do I see all these things??? :D I know... I know... I have too much of imagination! :lol:

I forgot to mention.... It would be great to see it trackable too! If one will be trackable, then both designs has to be!

If one will be trackable and the other not... maybe the one wit hte non trackable coin will feel sad....

And after all... The design shows it! Moustacha is a travellers and loves adventures!!! :D

Shaped coin would be great! I am only wondering how the light details will show! I am talking about the ending of the talisman of the stic, and the hairlines in the eyebrows and the moustache!

But I am sure it will be a purrrrfect coin and a very pretty one!!!! :D

The Moustacha was designed before Paffinator was sick and when Moustaches de chaton was really active in geocaching. She is 16 and has more important things to do now but still comes with us from time to time.

I was concern about a shaped coin for this one, I think I'll go for a round one.

I adore them both, but the dragon design in particular really speaks to me.

I love gato's idea of having them be two coins that split apart, but realize that might be overly difficult. :D

I hope they get produced. The story behind them is poignant and would make me even happier to own such beautiful artwork.

Jackalgirl has propose to work with me on those design. The offer was accepted....of course..... :lol:

I'll post back progress on the coins.