Teletoon Canada has some new shows...

BANFF, Alta. - Five new shows are on the way from Teletoon Canada.

The kids channel says upcoming projects include a live-action series based on the TV movie "My Babysitter’s a Vampire."

Meanwhile, "GeoFreakZ" is billed as an interactive series that combines the treasure-hunting sport of geocaching with a futuristic tale about a group of teenage mutant aliens.

The channel announced the plans today at the Banff World Television Festival.

Other shows in the works include the comedies "Crash Canyon" and "Detentionaire," and the live-action/animation hybrid series "Mudpit."

The festival runs through Wednesday

Sounds interesting....

I would say more along the lines of scraping the bottom of the barrel...

It geared toward 8 to 12 year olds. It sounds better than the majority of shows that are out there now. It might help them gain an interest in geocaching and get their butts off the couch.

Or were you referring to the Teletoon Canada part? :)

It geared toward 8 to 12 year olds. It sounds better than the majority of shows that are out there now. It might help them gain an interest in geocaching and get their butts off the couch.

Of course that might mean they want to place caches, which gets back to the barrel. We have had an influx of sixth grade caches in my neighborhood. I should say that the kids are all very nice and I appreciate their interest in the game. Some of their hides have been kind of creative. Much more creative than lamp posts. But the permanence of a cache container and its location means different things to a sixth grader than it does to most of the grizzled adults around here. And eventually they will discover girls . . . .

Edited by mulvaney

Of course that might mean they want to place caches, which gets back to the barrel. We have had an influx of sixth grade caches in my neighborhood. I should say that the kids are all very nice and I appreciate their interest in the game. Some of their hides have been kind of creative. Much more creative than lamp posts. But the permanence of a cache container and its location means different things to a sixth grader than it does to most of the grizzled adults around here. And eventually they will discover girls.

Well 8 to 12 year olds, will not have their own GPS, so hopefully Mom or Dad will have some input into their hides. My 11 YO son doesn't like caching at all. Maybe this show will spark some interest.

As for the girl issue, I guess they will head back to the couch.

Here is a LINK to one of the newpapers that pick it up.

Maybe it's just me, but that write-up made it sound like the cartoon/website is one giant advertisement/sales gimmick.

All shows/cartoons are a sales machine. Ben10 for example, they have at 100 action figures and a new set coming out in this fall.

IronMan is a huge advertisement. Dr. Pepper, AC/DC. I wouldn't be surprised it there was Iron Man toilet paper.

Maybe they will come out with a Teletoon GPS and a series of caches across Canada.

One of my daughter's favourite trinkets was a Teletoon keychain she found last summer. Maybe it was placed there by one of their execs.