CacheOwl

NOSNOW

I would like to introduce our new coin for 2010, CacheOwl. This coin is our second coin for raptors that we worked with at Como Zoo. The first was CacheHawk, a Red Tail Hawk named Ben.

Hudson.jpg

This coin is in honor of Hudson, a Barred Owl. He was injured by a car in Hudson, WI. He was taken to the Raptor Center of Minnesota, where he was treated for his injuries. Unfortunately, he lost the sight in his left eye and was unable to be released back into the wild. He was given to Como Zoo, and became an educational animal. Docents would bring him to schools, events and on zoo grounds to illustrate the amazing adaptations that make an owl an excellent night time predator.

Facts on the coin:

Trackable on Geocaching.com

Custom Icon

Size 2” tall x 1.32” Wide

Finishes for trading Antique Bronze, Antique Gold and Antique Copper

CacheOwl.jpg

Our plan was to have them to trade at GW8 and Midnight Madness II, but we have been a little busy with another event. Our submittal was a little late and it looks like we will not have them in time. We should be able to trade at MWGB and maybe at the bonfire, Cup of Joe and Meet and Greet events for GCF 2010 if things are going smoothly (LOL and fingers crossed).

If you are interested in a trade, make us an offer. Currently we do not have a seeking list, as we were bumped from that site. If you do want to trade in person at one of the events drop us a note and we will reserve one for you and will be on the hunt for you. Hudson was a good teacher.

We will let you know when we have them in hand.

Good news! It look like we will be getting them at GW8. (Thanks TMA for you efforts to get them for us.) If you would like to trade at GW8, let me know so I will make sure that Hudson hunts you down.

When we get back from GW8 we will be doing the mail trades.

Good news! It look like we will be getting them at GW8. (Thanks TMA for you efforts to get them for us.) If you would like to trade at GW8, let me know so I will make sure that Hudson hunts you down.

When we get back from GW8 we will be doing the mail trades.

Adorable! Hunt me down, hunt me down B)

Will be at the luau, GW and coin event I hope!

Shadow had fun with his Halloween cointest, so we thought we would do another cointest. The winner of this cointest will get their choice of a CacheOwl geocoin AB, AG or AC.

The winner will be the person who guesses the number of trick-o-treaters that we had for Halloween this year. This year we did not have a dead dear carcass on the front walk, to deter them. Cointest will end November 11, 2010 around 5 pm.

• One guess per day

• One winner will be chooses from all correct guess (or closest to the correct number)