Whose responsible....

i sappose theres tons of abandon ammo can caches out there that no one has taken over..so who would be legally responsible for these .... interesting legal question....theres gotta be alot of geo junk rotting out there in the parks n gamelands..

Edited by flapjack4

i sappose theres tons of abandonon ammo can caches out there that no one has taken over..so who would be legally responsible for these .... interesting legal question....

I wouldn't think there are that many abandoned ammo cans out there. People that place ammo cans tend to look after them and maintain them because of the cost involved with them.

As to who would be legally responsible for them if abandoned, I would suppose the cache placer if him/her could be tracked down.

If not, they would just be considered litter.

Is there a reason you ask?

Sounds like one of those geo terrorists we've been hearing about trying to stir the pot a little. I'd just ignore it and move on. :)

I had the same feeling but checked out the profile and checked out the logs on the finds.

Of course... I could be wrong... I have often thought I was right but my wife knows better.

Sounds like one of those geo terrorists we've been hearing about trying to stir the pot a little. I'd just ignore it and move on. :)
I had the same feeling but checked out the profile and checked out the logs on the finds.

Of course... I could be wrong... I have often thought I was right but my wife knows better.

It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong either. But I'll wait to see how it pans out before I apologize on this one. :D

i know where i live its a 500.00 fine for littering and thats just for one instance..where talkin a bunch o cash for the whole country.
Ok.

Is this someone who was part of Team Lagonda? :D

Oh noooooos. Say it ain't so. :)

Name rings a bell... refresh my memory?

i know where i live its a 500.00 fine for littering and thats just for one instance..where talkin a bunch o cash for the whole country.
Ok.

Is this someone who was part of Team Lagonda? <_<

Oh noooooos. Say it ain't so. :D

The only person to ever cause me to get a vacation. His name must never be mentioned. :)

Ok.

Is this someone who was part of Team Lagonda? <_<

Oh noooooos. Say it ain't so. :D

The only person to ever cause me to get a vacation. His name must never be mentioned. :)

Perhaps I do not know what I think I know and will bow out.

Ok.

must,,,,,,,,,resist,,,,,,,bumping,,,,,,,old,,,,,,threads,,,,,,,,,,,, <_<

Ok.

Send me a link...

Ok.

Send me a link...

To what?

i sappose theres tons of abandon ammo can caches out there that no one has taken over..so who would be legally responsible for these .... interesting legal question....theres gotta be alot of geo junk rotting out there in the parks n gamelands..

I don't think it's especially ammo cans, that are left in nature. But other kinds of caches are definately! Groundspeak don't feel any responsebility - the owner has all the responsibility. And if the owner just quit geocaching, the cache is left for good. And this is not good! :)