Waterfall/Geocaching Loop in PA

mbuscio1

I'm looking to go to either Rickett's Glen SP or Glen Onoko in Jim Thorpe this weekend.

I've been doing some research, and both areas look spectacular. I just can't seem to find if there is many caches to find in either of these areas.

Has anyone been to these parts?

Does anyone have a good loop or hike to follow for a few caches during a day trip?

Any information would be awesome!

Thanks

I'm looking to go to either Rickett's Glen SP or Glen Onoko in Jim Thorpe this weekend.

I've been doing some research, and both areas look spectacular. I just can't seem to find if there is many caches to find in either of these areas.

Does anyone have a good loop or hike to follow for a few caches during a day trip?

Thanks

I've only done Rickett's Glen, but the few there were very good hikes. You might try asking locals over at Nepageocachers.com though. :lol:

Thanks

I don't know that you're going to hike to get big numbers at Glen Onoko, but I highly recommend the area. I think that the Glen Onoko puzzle cache followed by the hike up the multi-tiered waterfall at the What Is and What Should Never Be cache takes you to some amazing scenery - this pair is among the best two consecutive caches I've done anywhere! (Be sure you have the hint available for the latter of those two caches though.) There are other caches in the area with great views and the historic little town of Jim Thorpe is something to see in itself. You can fill a great day in the area.

Rickett's Glen is a fantastic park, but you're right -- there are relatively few caches there. If you want a great day with awesome views of waterfalls, you will LOVE this park, though. I'll be heading up there again in a couple weeks. The trails along the falls are like the shape of a big Y. To do the whole hike, seeing all 20+ falls, is something like 6 or 7 miles. Or you could start at the top of one of the spokes of the Y, and see half of the falls by going down hill to the lower parking lot.