Buying a new GPS soon...

I'm looking at the Colorado, Oregon and the 62. I'm really looking for a very accurate paperless caching unit, that will be the most bang for my buck. I do geocaching with driving and hiking.

I really like the interface of the Oregon, but I heard it can sometimes not lock under treecover.

The Colorado has the quad helix antenna, and is an awesome price right now on amazon.

The 62 has amazing accuracy, but is very expensive.

Suggestions?

I'm looking at the Colorado, Oregon and the 62. I'm really looking for a very accurate paperless caching unit, that will be the most bang for my buck. I do geocaching with driving and hiking.

I really like the interface of the Oregon, but I heard it can sometimes not lock under treecover.

The Colorado has the quad helix antenna, and is an awesome price right now on amazon.

The 62 has amazing accuracy, but is very expensive.

Suggestions?

Oregon 450, touchscreen is the way to go! Not that I don't have a biased opinion.

I bought a colorado.

I like it alot it has some nice features

the street maps arent real accurate but i guess you can fix that by getting a regional map instead of the us map

I might shy away from it because garmin has discontinued it

that is why you are getting such a good price on it

I've been using a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx for about a year now and have been very happy with its performance. I have to admit, that it's the only brand (Garmin) that I have used, but I bought it on the recommendation of a Geocaching instructor I had.

My justification comes from the fact that I spend a great deal of time in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest in northern Wisconsin in deep underbrush, lots of tree cover, ridges, cliffs, all those things that want to screw up your satellite view. I've found that it finds the satellites and hangs on to them while traveling in these areas. The track back features have gotten me unlost on a few occasions while wondering and trying to spot and photograph wildlife. The only problems I have had were when I was in range of iron ore deposits (old mine area) and in close proximity to a cell tower(?) while looking for a cache. The compass had a difficult time settling down, but as I moved on, the problem disappeared. I don't know if this is a common problem for all GPS units, but it's something I will research prior to my next GPS purchase. You can also load topographic maps into it as well as others, which is a feature I like. Read the online reviews, and see what you think.