Trade & Travel Mission June 2010

Tschakko

I am having trouble getting the sytem to accept that I want to adopt out my coin. Any thoughts. When I go to the adoption screen and put in the coin number is says it can not find it, but it is activated and rady to go. I don't know?

Use the reference item number (ie. TBXXXX) number instead of the coin number.

I need to update my status in here! I received a quick (and unexpected) job offer at the end of June, and am just now back home to set up some coins to travel.

I'll update everything I can now, with probably some quick edits over the next few days:

Mission 1: (Mimbres 3.0 LE - haven't decided which color yet!)

Participating: Yes, email sent 14 June 2010

Nick/destination received: Yes, 1 July 2010

Outgoing coin released:

Incoming coin picked up:

Mission 2: (Egyptian Narmer)

Outgoing coin released:

Incoming coin picked up:

Mission 3: (Little Wing - orange tulip w/gold metal)

Outgoing coin released:

Incoming coin picked up:

Edited by Penny and Kona

All adoptions have been completed, and one coin has been released into a cache! The other two will be released within the week, as I have a bit of travel scheduled and can get these coins closer to their destinations over the weekend.

I was unable to get a picture of the first coin released, as it was an urban area with some shovel-ready work going on. Rather than distract the progress - there's so much construction in DFW these days! - I just quickly signed and moved on. Someone else visited the cache after me but before I had a chance to log the find and drop. I've contacted that person to hopefully keep the mileage intact on fairyhoney's Little Wing.

Safe travels to all of the trades!

Mission 1: (Mimbres 3.0 LE - PURPLE)

Outgoing coin released:

Incoming coin picked up:

Outgoing coin released:

Incoming coin picked up:

Outgoing coin released: Yes, 19 July 2010

Incoming coin picked up:

I am pretty busy these days, I will go through all the posts one of these days and check if there is still someone missing their mission :laughing:

I'll save you a little trouble.

Activation/Adoption will go out next week.

The coin will actually be dropped to start traveling at Midwest Geobash.

This worked very well with the last travel mission so I'll try it again.

I am pretty busy these days, I will go through all the posts one of these days and check if there is still someone missing their mission :blink:

To save you some time, I havent recieved an adoption request yet.. Im sure the person is probably on vacation or something... Just a heads up.

Update from me! Only one more left to release. All adoptions are already complete, so at the moment the new owners just think of me as a geocacher who has held onto their coin for too long! :)

Outgoing coin released:

Incoming coin picked up:

Outgoing coin released: Yes, 27 July 2010

Incoming coin picked up:

Incoming coin picked up:

1. Participating: YES

2. Nick/destination received: YES

2.5. Adoption Request sent: 7/31/10

2.7. Adoption Request accepted: Yes 8/3/10

3. Outgoing coin released: 7/31/10

4. Incoming coin picked up:Yes 8/7/10 :o:P;)

Last year our outgoing coin was the first to get to its new owner.

This year I believe we are the first to get our incoming coin.

Both feats made possible by the excellent TB processing at MidWest Geobash.

Thanks Turlutortue for the Potato Racer. Since it is activated I think we will send it out to travel some more.

Hope you enjoyed the Bash

Edited by TeamEccs21

I am pretty busy these days, I will go through all the posts one of these days and check if there is still someone missing their mission :laughing:

SORRY , No excuse really been a tad busy here :anibad: I need for you to PLEASE resend my cachers to send out the missions. THANK YOU :(

I still have not recieved an adoption request.. Its been quite some time.

Fairhoney, in case you are not getting your emails from Tschakko, I am your mission reciever.. It is also posted in this thread..

I hope everybody got their recipients. If not here is the list of it again (Hope it shows after the post as nice as it looked now)

Nickname Recipient Final GC - recipient

Penny and Kona Turlutortue GC1P855

Penny and Kona mattfamily ?

Penny and Kona fairyhoney GC12172

Turlutortue Penny and Kona GC103XG

Turlutortue TeamEccs21 GCXX95

Turlutortue Tschakko GC14P9H

TeamEccs21 GeocoinGuy GC25FKT

Tha Saint Penny and Kona GC103XG

mattfamily Turlutortue GC1P855

fairyhoney Tha Saint GC1N8TG

fairyhoney Corta GC1ZE6D

Laval K-9 GeocoinGuy GC25FKT

fuzziebear3 Turlutortue GC1P855

GeocoinGuy numakeh GCPXF2

GeocoinGuy fuzziebear3 GCVHHM

Corta Crossmage GC2A149

numakeh Penny and Kona GC103XG

Crossmage fairyhoney GC12172

Tschakko Laval K-9 GC17EG9

Edited by Tha Saint

Well another week has gone by, and its been almost 2 months since the missions starting going out.. I still have not recieved my adoption request..

Fairhoney - Ive emailed you, the mission op has emailed you, and you havent responded to any of them. You havent responded to this thread, even though you have logged into GC and posted in the forums recently.. I think its pretty LAME of you to not fulfill your responsibility in this mission. It really sucks to have been paired up with you on this mission. This is my 1st time getting stiffed on a mission and it really blows.. Thanks for a horrible experience.

Edited by Tha Saint

Fairhoney - Ive emailed you, the mission op has emailed you, and you havent responded to any of them.

The forums are probably the worse way to connect with someone - I may check the forums for weeks without checking this thread. Private e-mail is probably best, but remember that some people may be unresponsive for reasons that have nothing to do with us. I know I am still trying to answer e-mails from weeks ago - before I had an emergency trip.

Remember, most of us may never see our coins. It's just a way to try to have some fun.

I am pretty busy these days, I will go through all the posts one of these days and check if there is still someone missing their mission :)

To save you some time, I havent recieved an adoption request yet.. Im sure the person is probably on vacation or something... Just a heads up.

Sorry IF I am "LAME" you should have recieved your adoption notice last night. YES I AM LATE and for that I am sorry. I HAVE replied to Tschakko but NOT You because I never got an e-mail from you. AND I HAVE posted here. PS. I THINK YOU MAY like what I picked out for you. I have been having aLOT of S**T going on - NO excuse ~ but that IS life. I'll Try NOT to sign up for any more of these missions ~ sopund good to you as I wouldn't want to tick anybody off nor dissappoint . . .

OH Yeah, go ahead and change the mission to sound good as I am not good at that sort of thing Also, Please don't delete me from the log :D

All coins placed! Here's to hoping they make it!

Outgoing coin released:YES, (finally) 2 September 2010

Incoming coin picked up:

Outgoing coin released: Yes, 27 July 2010

Incoming coin picked up:

Incoming coin picked up:

I am pretty busy these days, I will go through all the posts one of these days and check if there is still someone missing their mission :)

Sorry IF I am "LAME" you should have recieved your adoption notice last night. YES I AM LATE and for that I am sorry. I HAVE replied to Tschakko but NOT You because I never got an e-mail from you. AND I HAVE posted here. PS. I THINK YOU MAY like what I picked out for you. I have been having aLOT of S**T going on - NO excuse ~ but that IS life. I'll Try NOT to sign up for any more of these missions ~ sopund good to you as I wouldn't want to tick anybody off nor dissappoint . . .

OH Yeah, go ahead and change the mission to sound good as I am not good at that sort of thing Also, Please don't delete me from the log :D

I am about 2 weeks or so late on posting here, but I did recieve the adoption request. Thank You. Im sure my last post came off somewhat nasty, but to be honest it was written more out of disappointment. And I did feel that it was Lame of you, but more so that you did not respond to emails or posts. I had kept contact with Tschakko, and I was told that you had not responded to any of the emails that he sent. He asked that I try to contact you & I sent you an email through your profile (maybe it never got to you) But I had contacted Tschakko again and was told you still had not responded to any of his emails but he would try again. I had also posted here with no responses.. It was not the timing of the coin going out, but just the lack of communication.. It wouldnt matter to me if it was going to take 6 months to get the coin out, but just to let me know..

But anyway, thank you for getting the coin started on its mission. I apologize if I came off too rude. Id be glad if this doesnt finish on a bad note..

Looks like a cool coin, and hopefully travels well.. And Im not going to delete your log, that would be pretty silly..

Say, HEY!

I was checking on the coins I adopted over for this mission and saw that one has made it to it's destination! This "Little Wing" geocoin was adopted to fairyhoney, and evidently it is in the cache she requested? I'm wondering if she picked it up?

It's awesome to see a geocoin make it to it's goal/destination, especially a geocoin with moving parts that's cute. It renews my faith in humanity.

Here's the link to the geocoin if anyone is interested: TB35ZJM

Incoming coin picked up:

Say, HEY!

I was checking on the coins I adopted over for this mission and saw that one has made it to it's destination! This "Little Wing" geocoin was adopted to fairyhoney, and evidently it is in the cache she requested? I'm wondering if she picked it up?

It's awesome to see a geocoin make it to it's goal/destination, especially a geocoin with moving parts that's cute. It renews my faith in humanity.

Here's the link to the geocoin if anyone is interested: TB35ZJM

[

I really enjoyed reading this post. I agree, this reaffirms my belief there are many, many, many cachers who understand and honor the mission request.

I wasnt an active cacher in July when this thread started, but I am sure I would have joined up had I read it. And today, I am glad Penny-&-Kona bumped this thread. Because it ties into a conversation I just recently had with my wife.

See, I've become more active with purchasing coins. Yes... I am quickly becoming one more coin-head. To keep myself restrained, I keep to a budget.

Now, when I was discussing this with my wife, she reminded me of something very important. As much as I like collecting the coins, I also get a big kick when I find a TB or even a coin in the cache. And my wife asked me... if you buy the coin, and dont release it, am I not impacting another player's enjoyment of the game?

So... after some time thinking about this, I decided, that when I do buy a new coin issue, I am going to buy three. One for me, one to trade, and one to release (1-kp/1-trd/1-rls).

And because of this thread, and seeing that 1 coin made it through, I have decided, I will do the same. Yes, I am fully prepared to say good bye to the coin when I drop it into the wild, but I would like to give it a fighting chance, and maybe increase it's chance of making it by having a very tangible mission.

So, moving forward, when I get ready to release a coin, I am going to just randomly pick someone who's post made me smile, pick one of their caches, and make that the mission. :ph34r:

Why not? I get a kick out of letting the coin go, and maybe it will get to where it needs to go! Who knows...maybe more of us will want to do the same. <_<

DocWahala

So... my coin has traveled 1600 miles now... mostly through Germany... landed in this cache today that has 99 likes. I typed it into babel fish (as I don't speak German). I still can't understand what it says. Anybody care to help me :)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6a363256-7d9f-4ce4-bd76-56b47b874497

Our company lags behind with the level fulfilment. Therefore must be worked increasingly in night shifts. Also you as a trainee are not excluded from it.

After her completion the series exists of the following 7 Caches

Training center - actively

Work hall - actively

Canteen - actively

Heating house - actively

Spraying - actively

Management - actively

Bonus - actively

The national railway repair shop (RAW) was established in 1893 as a royal Prussian railroad management work in which already 7 years later more than 1000 employees worked. In the II world war the work was destroyed by air raids to 80% and after 1945 the reconstruction occurred as one of the most modern railroad head workshops for freight car in Central Germany. Till 1989 4000 employees were occupied there.

... and you are 1 of it! As a trainee to the company electrician you go through 6 most important areas of the VEB RAW and conclude your education hopefully successfully! For every area your master judges you and you receive marks in your education proof notebook. If it leads carefully, because it will be indispensable for your successful end! Your craft stuff is as indispensable. Because this part of your education in the night shift goes a flashlight is natural.

The start is with N 52 ° 04.965 and E 011 ° 39.464. On the one hand, one can park there well and unobtrusively to the other you find from there measured in approx. 52 Smoots and about 105 degrees the first reflector. Other ones follow and light up to You so also during your night shift well and certainly the way. It pays attention, nevertheless, to holes in the ground and Muggel as well as in such a way....

Remark: Because your education is progressed now already a little bit expected your master in this education segment by all trainee's independent works. However, with serious problems he is available to you furthermore....

This is what I got with the translator I use. Sounds pretty cool to me.

Ok,

here we go. After haveing disappeared for a few years, it finally surfaced again in Germany :)

Now I decided to cheat and have it send to me by mail. Today it reached me and it´s still looking fine. I guess the time in someones collection did not do it any harm. At least physically.

I will send out a proxy sometime soon to find it´s way to goosefabra1 in the states :D

How is everyone elses Mission doing?

1dba604d-afda-4943-894a-db39e9bcf01a.jpg