Is this fair?

cejs

I've got an idea for a cache, but not sure if it is really fair or not. There is a multi-story building with a lush garden and pool area on the roof. I'd like to get the cache as close to the center of the building as possible. You cannot not see garden or pool from the street, so unless you know it is there, you wouldn't even know it. There are no restrictions on walking into the building and going to the rooftop.

Thoughts? How much of a hint should I give?

I've got an idea for a cache, but not sure if it is really fair or not. There is a multi-story building with a lush garden and pool area on the roof. I'd like to get the cache as close to the center of the building as possible. You cannot not see garden or pool from the street, so unless you know it is there, you wouldn't even know it. There are no restrictions on walking into the building and going to the rooftop.

you could see it via google satellite maps, but unless you gave some sort of hint like its up on the building, not inside, it would be rather difficult.

you could see it via google satellite maps, but unless you gave some sort of hint like its up on the building, not inside, it would be rather difficult.

...and fair. Just rate it appropriately. :D

Sounds like a minor twist on the many parking ramp hides. These days, I tend to avoid parking ramp hides, although 99.9% of them are on the top level.

or just go to them with a skateboard rather than a car to save gas but still get the smiley, and take the elevator to the top and skateboard down looking for it,

The final to Path Of The Bear, a now-archived multi that I really enjoyed, was sorta like this.

The coords for the final took you to the wall of a parking deck. You had to go to the top floor, look over the wall and the cache was in some vines which grew up the wall four stories directly above GZ.

I spent a long time looking around at GZ before 'up' occurred to me!

Excellent!

View Carre in New Orleans is one of the most celebrated and 'must-do' bookmarked caches in the South. The CO is the building manager and he or one of the staff take you to the roof to find it.

Note on that cache page how he lists availability hours and contact information.

Go for it. :D

I was actually thinking of that cache when I read the first post and was planning to mention it myself. That's definitely one cache I plan on doing if I'm ever in New Orleans (I live around 6 hours away). With the way everyone raves about it, it sounds really fun and great.

That said, I say go for it if you can.

Looks good to me.

As to being fair. Some of the best caches I have done or heard about are not fair. Their is no mention of fair in the GC guidelines. As long as it is adequately described it works.

Actually descriptions such as evil, diabolical and not fair by loggers are considered compliments.

Edited by Walts Hunting