Include ability to filter states when creating PQs from routes.

wandering4cache

Here's a problem I've run into while planning our GW8 trip. Maybe this would help others at other times.

I created a Caching Along A Route. When converting that to a PQ request, there isn't the ability to filter states or country.

Part of the route is the Oregon side of the Columbia River gorge. I only want the Oregon side. We aren't going to be crossing over the river back & forth at any bridges to get any caches on the Washington side. I don't want to narrow my route as there are places where I need it wide. I just don't want WA in this instance. No offense WA.

I've edited the results in GSAK to filter WA, but its just another step & a waste of data when I could have received more OR caches in the PQ.

Same could apply when making a route near a country border. I want US only, not Canada for instance. Passport issues & all.

I'm sure this would be helpful to others.

Edited by wandering4cache

You can narrow your corridor along your route to less than 1/10 mile both sides of the route. Would that help?

In areas where you would find the conflict, just select a narrower corridor. :laughing:

No that won't work. The route is more than just the Columbia River Gorge. Other parts I want wide. Its only a section of the route where it jumps the river into WA.

It would be a pain to have to make another route just for this 1 section.

Its not going to help. Trip will be over soon, just suggesting it for future.

I'll bet people along wide rivers like the Mississippi would appreciate it too.