G.E.O.C.O.I.N.F.E.S.T. 2011

avroair

GC US dates will be posted as soon as we get the venue booked. They are checking availablity.

Join us on Facebook by searching "Groups" for Geocoinfest 2011

Join us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/geocoinfest2011

Or email us at geocoinfest2011@gmail.com

We hope to have a dedicated website up soon as well. Whew!!

Edited by Rabbit of Caerbannog

Just a brief note for all.

The german GCF2011 Team is working on dates, websides, and so on.

As soon as possible we will comunicate all details here and on a separate thread.

It looks like it will be a real big event concerning all the international mails I already got.

But that we were expecting.

In case I forgot to contact a vendor, which hasn`t yet got a mail from me, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Well, for twitter fans look up here : http://twitter.com/GCF2011

GC US dates will be posted as soon as we get the venue booked. They are checking availablity.

Join us on Facebook by searching "Groups" for Geocoinfest 2011

Join us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/geocoinfest2011

Or email us at geocoinfest2011@gmail.com

We hope to have a dedicated website up soon as well. Whew!!

Just a brief note for all.

The german GCF2011 Team is working on dates, websides, and so on.

As soon as possible we will comunicate all details here and on a separate thread.

It looks like it will be a real big event concerning all the international mails I already got.

But that we were expecting.

In case I forgot to contact a vendor, which hasn`t yet got a mail from me, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Well, for twitter fans look up here : http://twitter.com/GCF2011

Since there will be 2 GCFs next year, maybe you guys should establish a consistant and obvious way to differentiate the 2 in everything that you post (twitter feeds, facebook pages, etc). It will be confusing (at least to me) to keep track of which twitter feed (GCF2011 and Geocoinfest2011) belongs to EU and USA. Just a thought...

Since there will be 2 GCFs next year, maybe you guys should establish a consistant and obvious way to differentiate the 2 in everything that you post (twitter feeds, facebook pages, etc). It will be confusing (at least to me) to keep track of which twitter feed (GCF2011 and Geocoinfest2011) belongs to EU and USA. Just a thought...

I was thinking the same thing DD. Since EU took the abbreviation, perhaps we could differentiate it that way. Just a thought.

Us Yanks could continue with the longhand version which takes infinitely more time and effort... :)

If not, just sign up for both and hope for the best. LOL

I totally agree with that, why not call the twitter accounts:

GCF2011US and

GCF2011EU ???

Just my 2 cents...

EntropyCoM

[from Cologne]

U.S. Venues for Geocoinfest 2011 have been confirmed.

The date for the main (U.S.) event will be Saturday, October 15, 2011.

The venue for the event will be the Baxter Hood Center, in beautiful Rock Hill, SC. (just south of Charlotte, NC)

We'll be providing info on the "side" events as they become available. We have also secured preferred rates at a nearby hotel and will provide that information as soon as I have all the numbers/links.

Once an official website is established, we'll let you know that as well.

After the dates for Charlotte have been confirmed we are happy to announce the date for

The 1st. European Geocoinfest 2011 in GERMANY , City COLOGNE

The date for the main european (E.U.) event will be Sunday, August 28, 2011

The venue for the event will be at a very special location, we have 2 reserved, depending on the attendees, wether we stay below 800 or above 800. It is not a hotel. Something really special and you will see it when the official webside will be established.

We will be providing info on the "side" events for Friday-Evening, Saturday-Evening and the available activities on Saturday as they become clear.

We are checking out special rates in different hotels downtown, so you will be located central within a perfect location.

All these informations will be provided as soon as we have everything fixed.

In case someone is interessted in attending as a vendor, should contact me over my account. Most of them are allready informed.

So, get your timetables set and plan your next summer vacation in Germany and visit us in our lovely City of COLOGNE.

Hope to see YOU all next Year

U.S. Venues for Geocoinfest 2011 have been confirmed.

The date for the main (U.S.) event will be Saturday, October 15, 2011.

The venue for the event will be the Baxter Hood Center, in beautiful Rock Hill, SC. (just south of Charlotte, NC)

We'll be providing info on the "side" events as they become available. We have also secured preferred rates at a nearby hotel and will provide that information as soon as I have all the numbers/links.

Once an official website is established, we'll let you know that as well.

Woohoo it's on a Saturday!!! As a vendor that my heavy preference (fly in Friday, fly out Sunday). Plus you dodge church & football :anitongue:

Personally, I'd prefer the dates just the other way round, but I'll make sure to get off work the last weekend in August.

Yeah, it's tough to pick dates to please everyone, but as this is the first "double mega", we worked closely with the E.U. contingent to meet everyone's needs. Since they're futher north (N 50 as opposed to N 35 for us) it made more sense to have their event earlier.

Plus, we wanted to space them well enough apart that folks to attend both if they so choose!

We'll still have some hiccups along the way, but overall I think it's an excellent first step toward making both events successful. Can't wait to meet "y'all"! :anitongue:

After the dates for Charlotte have been confirmed we are happy to announce the date for

The venue for the event will be at a very special location, we have 2 reserved, depending on the attendees, wether we stay below 800 or above 800. It is not a hotel. Something really special and you will see it when the official webside will be established.

We will be providing info on the "side" events for Friday-Evening, Saturday-Evening and the available activities on Saturday as they become clear.

We are checking out special rates in different hotels downtown, so you will be located central within a perfect location.

In case someone is interessted in attending as a vendor, should contact me over my account. Most of them are allready informed.

So, get your timetables set and plan your next summer vacation in Germany and visit us in our lovely City of COLOGNE.

Thanks for posting this so soon. I'm glad it's in August which will allow me to worry less about my pipes freezing come October and I probably won't have to miss any or very little football :anitongue: I'm already trying to decide my time off. I'd like to visit the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Scotland while I'm over there (Scotland for sure). The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the plane ride. Now to start learning some German :anitongue:

I'd like to visit the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Scotland while I'm over there (Scotland for sure). The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the plane ride. Now to start learning some German :anitongue:

While The Netherlands and Belgium are just around the corner from Cologne, Scottland is a bit further to drive...

But I guess in Montana you are so used to travel long distances, it seems less far to you. :anitongue:

Don't worry about learning German, though. Most Germans speak at least rudimentary English, or should be, as it is taught in school.

I'd like to visit the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Scotland while I'm over there (Scotland for sure). The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the plane ride. Now to start learning some German :anitongue:

While The Netherlands and Belgium are just around the corner from Cologne, Scottland is a bit further to drive...

But I guess in Montana you are so used to travel long distances, it seems less far to you. :anitongue:

Don't worry about learning German, though. Most Germans speak at least rudimentary English, or should be, as it is taught in school.

When I was in service the Germans I hung out with spoke better English than I did. I was always impressed with that.

This date is in my agenda on my phone. I already have transport. This will be a great experience I think. Looking forward to it already. Hope to meet some designers too and maybe a mystery coin will find me :lol:

Edited by JackHoe

Thanks for posting this so soon. I'm glad it's in August which will allow me to worry less about my pipes freezing come October and I probably won't have to miss any or very little football :lol: I'm already trying to decide my time off. I'd like to visit the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Scotland while I'm over there (Scotland for sure). The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the plane ride. Now to start learning some German :lol:

That's easy Scotland's practically a suburb of Cologne... :lol:

Actually you can grab 5 countries in less than 10 hours: Germany, Holland (Netherlands), Belgium, France and Luxembourg :laughing::laughing::unsure:

Switzerland isn't too far off too... Scotland is kinda outta the way.

Thanks for posting this so soon. I'm glad it's in August which will allow me to worry less about my pipes freezing come October and I probably won't have to miss any or very little football :lol: I'm already trying to decide my time off. I'd like to visit the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Scotland while I'm over there (Scotland for sure). The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the plane ride. Now to start learning some German :laughing:

That's easy Scotland's practically a suburb of Cologne... :laughing:

Actually you can grab 5 countries in less than 10 hours: Germany, Holland (Netherlands), Belgium, France and Luxembourg :unsure::unsure::huh:

Well Scotland is a MUST for me being alot Scottish heritage wise, I'd like to spend some quality time exploring and looking for my future Scottish-kilted husband :lol: I'm not looking to cram in a bunch of countries since I already lived in Germany, I can skip doing alot of touring there. I'm trying to decide how to work this out, 2 weeks or slightly more outta due and then I'll come back another year and hit Sweden, Norway, Finland, Portugal and Spain B)

ElliPirelli: I think it would be kind of nice if I was a bit more fluent in German, I still remember a few phrases when I was living there but as an American we're pretty spoiled with so many people knowing English, I'll make the effort to be just dangerous enough with my German :lol: I'm really looking forward to this!

ElliPirelli: I think it would be kind of nice if I was a bit more fluent in German, I still remember a few phrases when I was living there but as an American we're pretty spoiled with so many people knowing English, I'll make the effort to be just dangerous enough with my German :D I'm really looking forward to this!

I remember my neighbour in Ireland trying to be nice and saying a phrase in German. Sadly I was unable to understand this, as his accent was just too strong. I had much more luck understanding him while speaking English... ;)

Thanks for posting this so soon. I'm glad it's in August which will allow me to worry less about my pipes freezing come October and I probably won't have to miss any or very little football ;) I'm already trying to decide my time off. I'd like to visit the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Scotland while I'm over there (Scotland for sure). The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the plane ride. Now to start learning some German :D

That's easy Scotland's practically a suburb of Cologne... B)

Actually you can grab 5 countries in less than 10 hours: Germany, Holland (Netherlands), Belgium, France and Luxembourg :D:D:D

Thanks Mark, for making Scotland a suburb to Cologne. It is a beautiful country and I really want to go there some time. Probably when the kid is out of school.

But concerning countries around us just wait for our official weside to come and what will be offered for activities. Each country has its own charme. Switzerland is worth seeing, too, in case you like the mountains. Probably Stephanie has enough of them around in Montana -but different-.

We are working out a starting webside with the important booking link, where we have arranged that there will be special hotel prices for everyones need and what can be afforded.

Further more information will be added, our scedule is by december .

This is too bad, as the children are back in school at that time. So it looks like a no go for our team. had hoped for it to be during the summer months when the children are out of school (June or July) to combine this with a trip to visit my mom in Germany. -- I guess we will miss this one. ;(

Thanks for posting this so soon. I'm glad it's in August which will allow me to worry less about my pipes freezing come October and I probably won't have to miss any or very little football :D I'm already trying to decide my time off. I'd like to visit the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Scotland while I'm over there (Scotland for sure). The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the plane ride. Now to start learning some German :P

That's easy Scotland's practically a suburb of Cologne... :D

Actually you can grab 5 countries in less than 10 hours: Germany, Holland (Netherlands), Belgium, France and Luxembourg :):D:D

Well Scotland is a MUST for me being alot Scottish heritage wise, I'd like to spend some quality time exploring and looking for my future Scottish-kilted husband B) I'm not looking to cram in a bunch of countries since I already lived in Germany, I can skip doing alot of touring there. I'm trying to decide how to work this out, 2 weeks or slightly more outta due and then I'll come back another year and hit Sweden, Norway, Finland, Portugal and Spain :D

ElliPirelli: I think it would be kind of nice if I was a bit more fluent in German, I still remember a few phrases when I was living there but as an American we're pretty spoiled with so many people knowing English, I'll make the effort to be just dangerous enough with my German :D I'm really looking forward to this!

ohhhhhhhhhhh but girl it`s easy you fly to germany then a couple of dayzzzzzz before event then you hav event we meet you drive back with me to holland stay by uzzzzz i drive you around here and to belgium and to luxemburg if you want we can do parizzzzzzz to then you take a cheap ticket to scotland and from there you fly back to USA see easy :D:D:D

I've only been caching for about three months now and was wondering what a Geocoinfest is all about? Like what kind of stuff goes on at these events. I understand that it is centered around geocoins.

What happens at Geocoinfest, stays at Geocoinfest...

Seriously, it's basically a large event centered around geocoins and other geocaching supplies. There are vendors there, trading and geocaching games. Usually, there are 3-4 other area events around the main event so people can make a weekend out of it. B)