G.E.O.C.O.I.N.F.E.S.T. 2011

avroair

For the Europe Coinfest is

Cologne, Germany the best choice.

There are many Countries around with many,many Geocoinfans.

Germany is placed in the middle of Europe and every Geocoinfan can come easily to this Mega Event.

I would love to attend this 1st Geocoinfest - Europe in Cologne.

So now - lets the party started in Germany :)

Well I'm thinking it should be in Montana that way it's expensive for just about everyone to attend :D Plus everyone can go caching in blizzard conditions, how often do most people get to do that in Sept/Oct? Everyone can head over to the "tsun ranch" and we can make nutella smores over the campfire.

I know, this post was totally useless :D I just felt the need to write something today. Maybe one of these days, I'll throw my hat in the ring for this shindig, then I'll know I truly lost the last of the few marbles I had left :D

I think that nutella smores sounds heavenly!! :):)

Germany is placed in the middle of Europe and every Geocoinfan can come easily to this Mega Event.

So now - lets the party started in Germany :lol:

C'mon! we got the sun :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PL

So now - lets the party started in Germany :lol:

C'mon! we got the sun :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PL

I am happingly following the posts, but will be on vacation from tomorrow on. Our team is becoming bigger and bigger. We are all very exciting about how how you all decide. Of course I like to see Portugal, but maybe another time. I really like to see all the applications later on.

Los Muertos is totally right by saying we here in cologne are really in the middle, and cologne is so easy to reach and we are working on a location right in the middle. Here are loads of nice and fancy places to visit, sightseeing, caching and lots more. Just imagine a boat trip on the great scenery of the river Rhine, etc.

It might be possible that I even can arrange something for my US-friends to get a fair package trip from the US. My brother (in US) has contacts to travel agencies and I will try to get something worked out if it is possible for him. (this is just a loud thought)

Of course nutella barbecue in Montana with tSun would be fun, too. l.o.l.

Well, to all of you a great summer

Well I'm thinking it should be in Montana that way it's expensive for just about everyone to attend ;) Plus everyone can go caching in blizzard conditions, how often do most people get to do that in Sept/Oct? Everyone can head over to the "tsun ranch" and we can make nutella smores over the campfire.

I know, this post was totally useless :o I just felt the need to write something today. Maybe one of these days, I'll throw my hat in the ring for this shindig, then I'll know I truly lost the last of the few marbles I had left :D

I think that nutella smores sounds heavenly!! :unsure:-_-

:D They do don't they :) I'm not looking at 2011, I'm looking at 2012.

Side note: I think the US and Europe can both have one. Having lived in Mannheim, Germany for a couple of years, I'd love a reason to go back and then take some time to travel around. I need some more stamps on my passport :D

Well I'm thinking it should be in Montana that way it's expensive for just about everyone to attend ;) Plus everyone can go caching in blizzard conditions, how often do most people get to do that in Sept/Oct? Everyone can head over to the "tsun ranch" and we can make nutella smores over the campfire.

I know, this post was totally useless :o I just felt the need to write something today. Maybe one of these days, I'll throw my hat in the ring for this shindig, then I'll know I truly lost the last of the few marbles I had left :D

I think that nutella smores sounds heavenly!! :unsure:-_-

:D They do don't they :) I'm not looking at 2011, I'm looking at 2012.

Side note: I think the US and Europe can both have one. Having lived in Mannheim, Germany for a couple of years, I'd love a reason to go back and then take some time to travel around. I need some more stamps on my passport :D

I would love to go to one in Europe!

I wonder how I would get coins back and forth. Would I have to declare them?

I would like the cheat sheet too. I am thinking the Space Coast Geocachers could move inland slightly and host in Orlando, FL. I am sure we could get plenty of help from our regional friends around the state to bring this to the Mouse House. Everyone knows there is plenty to in Orlando with all the theme parks. Plenty of hotels, cheap flights into the international airport and great weather that time of year. Might be worth a shot.

Dale, I've been putting together a team and proposal to have it in the Panhandle as it seems unanswered airport issues was our downfall last year. However this year our new international airport is open!

Rather than work against one another, maybe we can work together to have GCF brought anywhere in Florida.

I'll email you privately later tonight after work....

JB,

Sounds good. If you already have something in place let us know what we can do. We are will to support in whatever fashion you need. I'll be looking for your email.

The Space Coast of Florida would be great!!! We have everything here, airport, beaches, the Space Center, close to Orlando and Disney!!!! Wickham Park in Melbourne has the pavillion and lots of cool caches in the park already!!!! Sorry, I am new to this and get excited easily!!!

It would be nice to see a Mega Event come southeast a bit.

GW7 was Southeast last year.

Thank you for pointing that out.

I know there have been mega event's in the southeast but not nearly as many as there have been up north. I understand why but at least once year it would be nice to have something a bit closer to home. Dallas would have been great for us (we didn't discover geocaching until this year) but a long trip from S. FL. Well everything outside of FL besides GA is a long trip for S. FL I guess what I really meant is it would be nice if there was a least 1 Mega Event each year that was within a day's drive of most geocachers. I get that it's not going to happen right now, but it's fun to dream of.

Hey, Cologne (Köln) Germany is active, too.

I would guess that our bid is coming till end of august.

Right in time, I hope.

@avroair

did I understand right, the bid has to be send to you?

Yep, please send me the bid. Looking forward to seeing them.

Mark

Avroair

Hey, Cologne (Köln) Germany is active, too.

I would guess that our bid is coming till end of august.

Right in time, I hope.

@avroair

did I understand right, the bid has to be send to you?

Yep, please send me the bid. Looking forward to seeing them.

Mark

Avroair

Yes, you will get our bit in a couple of days. I thought its end of the month. Please be patient, you will get it.

We are almost ready with it. There is one more little thing to do...I hope you all like it.

Can you let me know, how the next steps of you will be, f.e. when will it be clear to be in the first 3 places and when you guess you have chosen the ONE who will have to host it?

The Charlotte area bid is almost done. Should be submitted early in the week. Just a final few tweaks.

Craig

Was able to attend the pre presentation for the Charlotte NC area bid and looks like you guys have 1 great presentation. Can't wait to see who gets picked and surely there isn't a better presentation. GO GCGC and YoGO. Good luck, you've got my bid.

Can't someone in Michigan or Ohio pu one together...I need to get those states completed and need a reason to drive there.

Midwest Geobash is a pretty sizable event held in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana area every year.

Be good to see you there

Once I learn how to spell I won't have to edit.

Edited by TeamEccs21

I am in contact with avroair and as soon he anounces the winner bid and this is 19th.Sept. and if Cologne (Köln), Germany will make the run, you will be able to see more information over our website which we open at that time.

The other locations in USA are Charlotte SC. and Portland, OR.

Edited by longtomsilver

Portland has submitted a bid ~ There were 2 videos and a written plan for the event submitted. I believe it would be up to the selection committee to release the written bids for any of the submitted locations, however, one of the two videos for Portland can be viewed

. It's worth watching and is uniquely Portland!

~J