Anyone know this cacher ?

Hi

A cacher called Scousedave has had a geocoin of ours for almost 12 months now and despite countless emails and eventually a reply 2 months ago promising to place the coin in another cache - the coin still remains in his possession.

Just wondering if anyone knows of or if they possibly introduced this person to caching -if they could perhaps 'politely' ask him to let us either have the coin back , place it another cache, or come clean and say he has lost it rather than keep fobbing us off.

I do have his full name should you think you know this person and want to check.

Thanks

I offered to mail a self addressed stamped envelope to someone who was holding a tb of ours for a long time, in case he was unable to do anything (RL happens and all that).

might be an idea?

ps, he dropped it off in a cache a couple of weeks later :D

Yep tried all that , he just keeps telling us he has will drop it off but doesn't. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

I had a TB held for 9 months by the first finder to pick it up after release. I checked their profile they were still finding caches and dropped off another TB they had picked up with mine.

I emailed the cacher a polite message after about 6 months - no response. Was dropped off a few months later with no explanation.

If it was in a cache and reported not there, I'd mark it as missing. But if it was with a cacher I'd leave it on their name permanently as a record of that they had or have it (unless of course they fess up they lost it - I have no problem as that happens).

. But if it was with a cacher I'd leave it on their name permanently as a record of that they had or have it (unless of course they fess up they lost it - I have no problem as that happens).

I know we should really mark it as missing but he won't admit he has lost it , just told us he will drop it off soon. So far we have been very polite in our emails ..I even emailed saying if it is lost then please let us know and that we understand that things like that can happen but he wont say he has lost it. I know I shouldnt get in a tizz about it but it's just bugging me.. His profile says he is a teacher...obviously setting a good example then ????

But if it was with a cacher I'd leave it on their name permanently as a record of that they had or have it (unless of course they fess up they lost it - I have no problem as that happens).

you know of course how easy would be for them to get read of it from their name, right?

@ The Sandpipers, looks like the person holding your TB hasn't been caching since march, and hasn't logged in on his account for almost a month now

Edited by t4e

Don't loose heart, there's still a chance it'll be released....

I have a TB that was picked up by a cacher in October 2006. They finally dropped it off in July 2008 - a whole 21 months after they picked it up!

I sent repeat messages and offers to pay for postage - but I'm glad to say it was (eventually) released when they found it lost in their car.

Keep emailing - they may get the message eventually :D

Don't loose heart, there's still a chance it'll be released....

I have a TB that was picked up by a cacher in October 2006. They finally dropped it off in July 2008 - a whole 21 months after they picked it up!

I sent repeat messages and offers to pay for postage - but I'm glad to say it was (eventually) released when they found it lost in their car.

Keep emailing - they may get the message eventually :D

they didn't clean their car for 2 years? ;)

Sometimes it works the other way round! ;)

I picked up a coin about 2-3 weeks ago when on holiday in Turkey and when I came to log it I found that it was a coin that wanted to go to events. I'm planning on being at the Mega Event at Perth but as it isn't until the end of July I PMd the owner to ask if I should hold it until then, or release it in one of my local caches. No reply!! :D If I don't hear, I'll take it to Perth. ;)

Sometimes it works the other way round! :D

I picked up a coin about 2-3 weeks ago when on holiday in Turkey and when I came to log it I found that it was a coin that wanted to go to events. I'm planning on being at the Mega Event at Perth but as it isn't until the end of July I PMd the owner to ask if I should hold it until then, or release it in one of my local caches. No reply!! :) If I don't hear, I'll take it to Perth. <_<

Its getting to the stage I try to avoid moving TB's on, I never quite loose them they are just never where I am when I am finding a cache. They are in the Car or at home in the caching bag that I did not bring with me...

Have held a couple to bugs ransom for 8 weeks when work called me away early... Apologized to owners, but as moving a bug on I normally end up apologizing.

I now tend not to move them, unless they have been stopped a long whilst..

Same here, one of my TB's Captain Jack Harkness has been in the posession of a premium member since 1st October last year. I have emailed countless times but he has ignored my emails. Maybe we ought to have a name and shame thread. :)

I had one of my coins go missing for a long period. Emails were ignored and I gave up on it ever going into the wild again. Many months later I received an email from the cacher holding the geocoin. She had been very badly injured in a motor cycle accident and had spent the best part of a year in hospital. Once she had recovered, she eased herself back into caching again and moved my cache on. In this case, that I appreciate is the exception, "naming and shaming" would be totally unacceptable.

I had one of my coins go missing for a long period. Emails were ignored and I gave up on it ever going into the wild again. Many months later I received an email from the cacher holding the geocoin. She had been very badly injured in a motor cycle accident and had spent the best part of a year in hospital. Once she had recovered, she eased herself back into caching again and moved my cache on. In this case, that I appreciate is the exception, "naming and shaming" would be totally unacceptable.

If we had a naming and shaming thread, then maybe friends of the named cacher would have the opportunity to either put the record straight, or rescue the TB, then the name could be removed from the list.

Perhaps another more suitable name should be found for the thread.

If we had a naming and shaming thread, then maybe friends of the named cacher would have the opportunity to either put the record straight, or rescue the TB, then the name could be removed from the list.

Perhaps another more suitable name should be found for the thread.

TB & GC Recovery Thread?