?Trackables?

ChiefEagleBear

This would be more appropriately posted in the Travel Bug forum but since you asked.

Don't get emotionally attached to your travelers.

you are going through a bad spell. Some disappear for a short time and return and some don't come back for years.

It is just part of the environment of this hobby.

(in my case) 90% of them get lost, and will never see home again

To keep a TB in circulation, it should be small (moderately substantial pocket-sized), durable, waterproof, permanently attached to the TB, inexpensive, and not collectible (a drilled coin, marked with your name, etc.). Some of mine failed those important points. One began to be rather rare and collectible just as I released it. And one tag immediately lost its rider, since I used the stupid ball-chain (which I'd carefully epoxied and tested to be sure it would not break).

Looks like your trackables had a reasonable run. Some may eventually turn up, due to being placed in a cache without logging, etc. You can re-use tracking numbers -- consider that, even if you've already used your "spare" tag.

If I move 3 or 4 TBs during a cache run, it feels like a ton of paperwork to log them, flipping through notes, switching between web pages, trying to keep it all straight. I feel for the cachers who have to do it for my own Travel Bugs, impressed that they go to all that trouble for me.

Edited by kunarion