GPS device comparison site for COMPLETE paperless geocaching?

Currently using the Garmon 76CSx, I'm looking to purchase a new GPS unit.

The unit doesn't need to be garmin, as I now see GC.com supports 3 others brands through the SendToGPS feature.

what I want:

1) 100% paperless - including descriptions

2) lowest priced unit available in comparison to others

3) only for geocaching

4) I don't want a new phone, no thanks.

Recommendations or review links are helpful, I'll be searching the forums as well.

Currently using the Garmon 76CSx, I'm looking to purchase a new GPS unit.

The unit doesn't need to be garmin, as I now see GC.com supports 3 others brands through the SendToGPS feature.

what I want:

1) 100% paperless - including descriptions

2) lowest priced unit available in comparison to others

3) only for geocaching

4) I don't want a new phone, no thanks.

Recommendations or review links are helpful, I'll be searching the forums as well.

except the 62 series is not the lowest price in comparison to others

For one thing, if you want truly paperless, you probably won't be using the "Sent to GPS' feature" -- you would want to load everything from a Pocket Query. As a premium member, you can do that.

Answering the first request is a little tough. Because all of the top-shelf units from Garmin, Delorme or Magellan are going to do exactly what you want.

Answering the second request is (a little) easier. If you are thinking primarily along the lines of cheaper, you probably will not be real happy with the end result. Shop around for the bargain yes, but don't go after a unit solely because its' base price is cheaper.

Third request again, is up in the air. Magellan eXplorist GC is made specifically for geocaching. Others do that, and more.

Fourth request -- I'll second that.

Check the Delorme PN-30/PN-40 series; Garmin Colorado, Dakota and Oregon lines and the newer Magellan reviews here: http://www.geocaching.com/reviews/gps.

Good luck. :laughing:

Here's the transcript, verbatim from Garmin.com <snip contents since the post is just prior to this one>

Your email correspondence just shows that Garmin was trying to work with you and you pulled the plug prematurely. They were even nice to agree to refund your money for the DVD as long as you show you returned your unit.

I'm not seeing how GARMIN SUX here.

*** If you're gonna spam this everywhere, then I'm just going to cut and paste my response.

Here's the transcript, verbatim from Garmin.com

I think you need to pour your self a really big Gentleman Jack on the rocks and watch some TV. Your certainly not presenting your self in the best of light. Some people are starting to form opinions of you. Hopefully if you keep this up one of the moderators will put you out of your misery.

Here's the transcript, verbatim from Garmin.com <snip contents since the post is just prior to this one>

We get it. Time to get over it and move on.

To the OP, the DeLorme PN-40 will serve your purposes well. The PN-60 promises to be better but until we see it come out into the real world, one will never really know. Just like the Garmin soon to be released models.

:laughing:

I posted too soon without checking the Garmin site over the not-yet-released products.

They're in the process of launching updates to the 60 and 76 units. The GPSMAP 62 or 78 will serve my needs just fine. including the paperless feature.

Both series sounds very nice. I'm going to give these a good look myself. Edited by coggins