Visiting Pittsburgh

lakedawgs

We're heading to Pittsburgh soon to meet some muggle friends from Australia, visiting the States. They are very interested in seeing what this whole Geocaching thing is about, but since we haven't cached Pittsburgh before, we'd love some advice on any "must do" caches while in town. We're not on a numbers run, we'd prefer quality over quantity on this trip. Any suggestions?

I've been finding and hiding caches in the Pittsburgh area for 8 years now. My favorites over the years are captured in the "Top 5% Greatest Cache Hunts" bookmark list that's linked in my signature line below. (Tip: on each page of the list, search in your browser for the phrase (Local) to jump to the next entry that's in the Pittsburgh area.)

If I had to list just one "must do" cache in Pittsburgh, it would be "THE GOLD BUG" by PA Farmboy. Go 20 minutes west of the Pittsburgh airport and you will be magically transported to an Edgar Allen Poe mystery set along the Carolina coast.

Also, take a look at my hidden caches. I own several of the "Tourist" caches around downtown Pittsburgh. If I had to choose one, it would be my micro at the West End Overlook, called "The Elves are Easily Overlooked." You'll be treated to a spectacular, little known view of the city - best seen at night after a fun day of caching.

Yunz enjoy your trip to da Burgh for caching 'n at.

I've been finding and hiding caches in the Pittsburgh area for 8 years now. My favorites over the years are captured in the "Top 5% Greatest Cache Hunts" bookmark list that's linked in my signature line below. (Tip: on each page of the list, search in your browser for the phrase (Local) to jump to the next entry that's in the Pittsburgh area.)

If I had to list just one "must do" cache in Pittsburgh, it would be "THE GOLD BUG" by PA Farmboy. Go 20 minutes west of the Pittsburgh airport and you will be magically transported to an Edgar Allen Poe mystery set along the Carolina coast.

Also, take a look at my hidden caches. I own several of the "Tourist" caches around downtown Pittsburgh. If I had to choose one, it would be my micro at the West End Overlook, called "The Elves are Easily Overlooked." You'll be treated to a spectacular, little known view of the city - best seen at night after a fun day of caching.

Yunz enjoy your trip to da Burgh for caching 'n at.

Ahhh, that sounds awesome. We moved to eastern PA last year from Cranberry Twp. I wasn't a geocacher when I lived there but what you describe is awesome. Is that last one you mention up on Mt. Washington? Now when we go back to visit friends I'll definitely be checking out some caches along the way.

We sure do miss da burgh.