Garmin Oregon 400t Maps?

Does the 400t also have streets on it?

If not, can you add the city card and have them overlay each other??

I got a 60Cx and am fighting trying to get my City select to unlock for it and have not even made it to my topo discs. I knew this pain was coming from my last go around with my Etrex which was almost 4 years ago -UGH-! Considering throwing in the towel and going for the loaded Oregon with a city/streets card?

Thanks

Rooks

Does the 400t also have streets on it?

If not, can you add the city card and have them overlay each other??

I got a 60Cx and am fighting trying to get my City select to unlock for it and have not even made it to my topo discs. I knew this pain was coming from my last go around with my Etrex which was almost 4 years ago -UGH-! Considering throwing in the towel and going for the loaded Oregon with a city/streets card?

The Topo maps on the 400t do have streets on them, but they are not routable (you can't them for driving directions). You can add City Navigator (or City Navigator NT) to your 400t and they are routable. You can have both maps on the the 400t at the same time, but as long as the City Navigator maps are active they will take display precedence over the Topo maps.

If you want street routable ad topo detail, I believe the 24K maps from Garmin fit that bill, but I don't believe that they are available for the whole US at this point.

Depending on where you live, I have had some success with loading some transparent topo map overlays with my City Navigator NT maps allowing the Topo maps contour lines to display with a higher priority than the City Navigator maps, but they are clear, so the City Navigator maps underneath show through. I got my transparent topo overlays from GPSFile Depot.

Here's the transcript, verbatim from Garmin.com <snip contents since the post is just prior to this one>

Your email correspondence just shows that Garmin was trying to work with you and you pulled the plug prematurely. They were even nice to agree to refund your money for the DVD as long as you show you returned your unit.

I'm not seeing how GARMIN SUX here.

*** If you're gonna spam this everywhere, then I'm just going to cut and paste my response.