What is the Best (sprint) caching phone? help!

Have Verizon HTC Droid Incredible and use (reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak) for caching. It is very accurate, useful and app was free.

Droid++ I use a Nexus One (Android) phone and it has some excellent free software for caching. I use GeoBeagle myself. Blackberry's also have some nice software - CacheBerry for one (tho its not free, it is $30 well spent).

Have Verizon HTC Droid Incredible and use (reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak) for caching. It is very accurate, useful and app was free.

Droid++ I use a Nexus One (Android) phone and it has some excellent free software for caching. I use GeoBeagle myself. Blackberry's also have some nice software - CacheBerry for one (tho its not free, it is $30 well spent).

Have you or anyone out there used the palm pixi for caching! I have used the palm centro forever with cachemate. I see some third party caching software available for the pixi? Just curious!

I use CacheBerry on a Sprint BlackBerry Tour 9630 and love it. The price of CacheBerry is actually only $9.95.

Have you or anyone out there used the palm pixi for caching! I have used the palm centro forever with cachemate. I see some third party caching software available for the pixi? Just curious!

My last PDA was a Palm Treo 650 on which I had Cachemate & I loved that combo! But it was getting old and when my phone contract was fulfilled I was looking forward to getting the newest (at the time) Palm Pre but was worried Cachemate didn't work on that platform.

Well I got the Palm Pre and am using the Go-To app, as well as a few others, and it's been awesome! If Smittyware decided to port CacheMate onto webOS then I might (re)grab that too, but am very happy with the existing apps for the newest Palm devices, and the Pixi should work just a well as the Pre :laughing:

Well I got the Palm Pre and am using the Go-To app, as well as a few others, and it's been awesome! If Smittyware decided to port CacheMate onto webOS then I might (re)grab that too, but am very happy with the existing apps for the newest Palm devices, and the Pixi should work just a well as the Pre :laughing:

I thought the Pre would run older Palm software, with the emulator installed.

My last PDA was a Palm Treo 650 on which I had Cachemate & I loved that combo! But it was getting old and when my phone contract was fulfilled I was looking forward to getting the newest (at the time) Palm Pre but was worried Cachemate didn't work on that platform.

What app did you decide on for your pre or do you have to use a combo set of apps?

I thought the Pre would run older Palm software, with the emulator installed.

Yes webOS will run most of legacy Palm apps including Cachemate, but the emulator itself cost ~$30, and in reality Palm does "encourage" people to try & use a modern webOS app if possible, instead of dragging over a legacy app. Sooo I gave that a try and so far so good :laughing: But yeah if I didn't like the new apps I could have gone back to (classic) Cachemate.

Explorist300, the Go-to app is quite good and uses pocket queries. There is also a "Mapping tool" app that I've fiddled with as well as a Geocache decoder. Go-to only cost about $5, and there is a "Go-To lite" that you can test try for free. It limits you to 5 geocaches but is good enough to see if you like it or not.

I use CacheBerry on a Sprint BlackBerry Tour 9630 and love it. The price of CacheBerry is actually only $9.95.

I use BlackStar on a Sprint Blackberry, and I love it. The price of Blackstar is FREE.

You might want to check out the Sprint line of Android phones, I think they currently have 3, the newest being the EVO 4G. These phones should run the Android Geocaching programs mentioned in the two posts about the Droid, and the upcoming equivalent to the IPhone app.

There is actually an app for the Pre and the Pixi called "Geocaching for WebOS." I don't think you can get it from the app catalog but you can find it online and install manually. I've been very pleased with it so far.

Here is a link to some info about it: http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-...ching-for-webos

A quick glance at the features of this app at Georgo's site makes me wonder how long mention of it will last in the threads here.

Not sure what sprint phone I should upgrade too? Anybody had good experiences with any sprint phones! Any suggestion!!! I currently use the garmin csx and love it. But its time to upgrade and i might as well get a phone that will work with geocaching as well.

I've been using my BlackBerry Tour coupled with Cacheberry app with success. Befor that app I used Blackstar.

I have the Sprint Hero and I've used it and GeoBeagle to find several caches.

I need to qualify that, though: My phone is not my primary caching GPS. I have an Oregon 400t and a nuvi 500 which I typically use and the only time I've used the Hero is when a new cache notification popped up while I was in the field.

Pete

Not sure what sprint phone I should upgrade too? Anybody had good experiences with any sprint phones! Any suggestion!!! I currently use the garmin csx and love it. But its time to upgrade and i might as well get a phone that will work with geocaching as well.

I use a Palm Pixi and the geocaching app (free) works reallly nicely. Only thing is no GPS if you don't have a data signal so don't rely on it in the backwoods. I use it for geocaching in town with my kids. No problems and download mapping tool too to see the cache in a map. Good luck choosing.