newly published cache notications

raslas

I recently received notification for a couple of new caches but when I try to view the new caches the pages comes up as an error and says you can not view unpublished caches. The two caches that this is happening for are GC294P3 and GC2A0B7. I have tried opening them with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Most likely they got retracted.

If notifications were working correctly (and this issue has been brought up several times) then you probably would have received a retract notification as well.

But, since notifications are broken, and gs has been very quiet on the issue, there's probably no chance they will be fixed any time soon.

To them, an unacknowledged bug seems to not be a bug worth fixing.

Another good reason why coordinates are not included in the notification :ph34r:

I don't believe that's even relevant. If someone grabbed the .gpx fast enough, your argument flops. The OP didn't indicate any time frames so this could have been hours later.

Now there are people looking for the cache because they never got an email telling them to forget about it (the retracted email).

If notifications were working correctly (and this issue has been brought up several times) then you probably would have received a retract notification as well.

But, since notifications are broken, and gs has been very quiet on the issue, there's probably no chance they will be fixed any time soon.

notifications work just fine here, been receiving them all day

notifications work just fine here, been receiving them all day

I am sure the "broken" that Potato refers to is that even though we have requested notification for "Retract Listing", it is not sent.

I have an issue with this as well.

But my issue is SO SO different.

I receive a notification of a newly published cache. I click on the link, and the cache is 80 miles from my listed home coordinates. EVERY TIME.

I used to live in Bend, OR - Moved back to Eugene, OR just under a year ago. I have updated my home coordinates in my profile, yet I still receive ONLY those caches published in the high desert. I don't understand why.

I have 'logged' out of Geocaching.com, I have 'logged' out of the forums. My coords are set in my profile; when I click on the map of caches around my home coords, they come up just fine.

So, I guess there will be no FTFs for me in the Eugene area. My only FTF opportunity will come when I purchase a Geo-JetPac! Ha... I think I'll make a coin of that!

~J