Just upgrade? I'll take your old one!

I have four young boys (a 5-year-old and 3-year-old triplets) that are fired up about "treasure hunting" for geocaches! I tried to buy a basic eTrex on Craigslist, but it was defective. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of money, but I'd love to give my sons the rewarding and educational experience of spending time with family out in nature.

Perhaps you just upgraded and don't need your old gps anymore. I don't have the hundreds of dollars that many of these units cost, but I'd love to have something dependable to use with my boys. Let me know if you have something that would work for us. Thanks!!!

I have a Magellan eXplorist 400 in good condition. I purchased it in a lot of electronic stuff a while back.

I have used it a few times to teach geonewbies. It is not the most classy GPSR in the world, but it is fairly accurate when placed next to several others I have used.

You can review the specs online to see if it will meet your needs.

I can best be contacted via Groundspeak email.

I have a Lowrance iFinder H2O. I purchased it when I started geocaching. It worked well, but I eventually upgraded to a GPS Map60csx. Let me know if you are interested. Actually, I will probably be selling my Map60 as well because I'm thinking about buying a Dakota or Oregon. Not sure yet, but the wife said I would have to sell both if I think I'm buying another one :)

You can email me here if interested. Thanks. jnbball@iw.net