WhereYouGo app for the droid

JL_HSTRE

I have a Motorola Droid with the WhereYouGo app to allow me to play Wherigo cartridges.

I found the nearest Wherigo cache to me.

I downloaded the cartridge file for that cache.

What directory do I put the cartridge file in on my phone?

Thanks!

Is anyone able to download the cart from the Wherigo site directly to the phone? I upgraded to FroYo, and I can download the file in .gwc format not, but the cart still isnt recognized by WhereYouGo unless I download it to the computer and transfer it to the phone.

Is anyone able to download the cart from the Wherigo site directly to the phone? I upgraded to FroYo, and I can download the file in .gwc format not, but the cart still isnt recognized by WhereYouGo unless I download it to the computer and transfer it to the phone.

Hi,

are you sure that directly downloaded cartridge is same as downloaded on PC? Look also on name of cartridge if ends with gwc. For WhereYouGo doesn't matter how you download cartridge. Maybe you should try another then default browser (his terrible when comes on downloading items).

Hi,

are you sure that directly downloaded cartridge is same as downloaded on PC? Look also on name of cartridge if ends with gwc. For WhereYouGo doesn't matter how you download cartridge. Maybe you should try another then default browser (his terrible when comes on downloading items).

I am having the same problem. When I download the cartridge using the Dolphin browser, it has a file extension of .aspx regardless what platform I indicate (i.e. Garmin or Pocket PC). When I download it on to my desktop, though, it is saved as .gwc file.

Hi,

I am having the same problem. When I download the cartridge using the Dolphin browser, it has a file extension of .aspx regardless what platform I indicate (i.e. Garmin or Pocket PC). When I download it on to my desktop, though, it is saved as .gwc file.

I was able to get the cartridges to load after emailing them from my desktop to my gmail account and saving the attachment Blackmoon AttachSave Lite.

HELP!! I am trying to play Wherigo on a motorola Atrix but when I plug the Atrix into the computer to drag the cartridge to it, I can't even find the SD card. I have an SD card in the phone, it is mounted and formated. The laptop finds the M860 but there are no files, no folders, etc. Do I need some extra software on the laptop?? Thanks a bunch. I just realized, the phone never goes into "mass storage mode", should it?? Maybe I don't have the correct USB cable.

Edited by kwhart
I can't even find the SD card. I have an SD card in the phone, it is mounted and formated. The laptop finds the M860 but there are no files, no folders, etc. Do I need some extra software on the laptop?? Thanks a bunch. I just realized, the phone never goes into "mass storage mode", should it?? Maybe I don't have the correct USB cable.

I have a Moto Bravo but probably works the same. I had the same issue at first, but when the little USB notification comes up in the status bar at the top of your screen (when you plug your USB into your PC), pull down your notifications and tap on "USB Connection". Then it gives you a list of ways to connect. "Motorola Phone Portal" was the default on mine, which made the PC recognize it as "M860" or whatever. Change it to "USB Mass Storage" and BINGO your phone will now be recognized as a standard SD Card/USB stick!

To Download from the Wherigo website right to your phone use firefox app for driod, you will also need a app called download all files. Use the firefox browser (it will not work with the browser that came with the droid) other browser's may work also. When you click download at the Wherigo site select download all files then select the folder wheryougo at the bottom of the list. Then go play it.

Thats it!

:rolleyes: Have Fun!

Hummm. I am going to post here although the discussion has been inactive for quite some time.

I have downloaded a cartridge (PocketPC format) to the correct location on my droid using the Wherigo website however when I launch the WhereYouGo app it says there is no cartridge there. I have the .gwc in the /mnt/sdcard/WhereYouGo/ directory. Any suggestions as to why the app isn't recognizing the cartridge?

Hummm. I am going to post here although the discussion has been inactive for quite some time.

I have downloaded a cartridge (PocketPC format) to the correct location on my droid using the Wherigo website however when I launch the WhereYouGo app it says there is no cartridge there. I have the .gwc in the /mnt/sdcard/WhereYouGo/ directory. Any suggestions as to why the app isn't recognizing the cartridge?

What kind of smartphone are you using. Some Android phones are more finicky than others.

I have an app called "ES File Explorer" that I use to transfer the downloaded cartridge from my download folder to the "whereyougo" folder. Never had any problems doing it that way.

Also, what browser are you using to download the cartridge?