Hike this Saturday?

Og's outfit

Yes, but only the fronts have heat. I can carry three.

SHOTGUN!

85 degrees and you want heated seats? :)

Hey, it's only supposed to get to the mid 70's on Sunday, a regular arctic weather front.

What kind of girlie Jeep has heated leather seats anyway?

The kind that allows me to hear the radio, have a warm butt, monitor the tire pressure, quadradrive, and sleep in the back:

J09.png

J02.png

Can we get a headcount of just the peeps who will be meeting in the parking lot in Silverdale? I want to be able to hit the road as soon as everyone shows up.

Its not nearly as "girlie looking" now with those tires and wheels as when he first got.

Nice headlights too. :)

Have fun guys and dolls.

I am actually encouraged by this trail report. It looks doable, however, it also looks like it will take a LONG time to get to the top due to trying to get around snow fields or cross them slowly.

We are still up for making the attempt but think we should start the hike really early in the morning.

Hope we have another hot week ahead of us so it will melt a little more snow.

Edited by GrnXnham

Hey let's move this conversation to the AHOTM thread to avoid confusion.

I'd add the link but it's too early for me to figure it out.

but, but, but..... the hike is this Saturday. Now I am confused :ph34r:

Okay, maybe I'm just tired still from that other hike, not sore, just tired, I didn't get to sleep last night until after 0100 and got up at 0445.

I don't know if anyone thought to record them, but I need coordinates for the thrailhead and the two mine shafts.

I didn't record them but pulled these off the NW Topos maps which should be good enough to get someone there.

Trail Head N47 53.184 W123 05.502

Mine on Tull Canyon Trail N47 51.183 W123 05.779

Tubal Cain Mine N47 50.855 W123 06.077

Hey let's move this conversation to the AHOTM thread to avoid confusion.

I'd add the link but it's too early for me to figure it out.

Discussion of the July 16-18 camping trip to Bumping Lake and hike to Aix and Pains (or not) is now here.

Edited by hydnsek

I got this pretty good shot of Andrew and I was looking at it today wondering, is that pack empty? It looks like you took it off the rack and wore it on the hike! Seriously, I think I'm toting too much stuff.

9c4e38ff-82aa-461e-812e-8133292c1bd2.jpg

All his stuff must be in his pockets. Come to think of it, I didn't see him eat....hmmm?

I got this pretty good shot of Andrew and I was looking at it today wondering, is that pack empty? It looks like you took it off the rack and wore it on the hike! Seriously, I think I'm toting too much stuff.

All his stuff must be in his pockets. Come to think of it, I didn't see him eat....hmmm?

Lets see, what is in my pack.

In the main pouch, Water Filter, first aid kit, food garbage(sandwich wrapper, 2 baggies, I ate at the terracache, 20 oz bottle of gatorade) Emergency foil poncho, whisperlight stove, titanium cup and enough fuel to boil some water, small paperback book.

Smaller outer pouch, knife, 3 sets of batteries, 2 geocoins, granola bar wrappers, paper map of area, small spiral notebook like you would find as the log book in a cache and pen for notes.

The pack itself is carries the water blatter which is 100 oz and is still half full.

In my pockets are my phone and keys, my camera is attached to the small camera bag on my waist strap and my gps hangs from my chest strap.

I usually run less then 20 pounds which classifies it as an ultralight. I also had a fleese in the car which I chose not to put in the pack due to the weather and not figuring I would need it due to it being unlikely that I would get lost or trapped up there with that many people.

There you go.

Lets see, what is in my pack.

In the main pouch, Water Filter, first aid kit, food garbage(sandwich wrapper, 2 baggies, I ate at the terracache, 20 oz bottle of gatorade) Emergency foil poncho, whisperlight stove, titanium cup and enough fuel to boil some water, small paperback book.

Smaller outer pouch, knife, 3 sets of batteries, 2 geocoins, granola bar wrappers, paper map of area, small spiral notebook like you would find as the log book in a cache and pen for notes.

The pack itself is carries the water blatter which is 100 oz and is still half full.

In my pockets are my phone and keys, my camera is attached to the small camera bag on my waist strap and my gps hangs from my chest strap.

I usually run less then 20 pounds which classifies it as an ultralight. I also had a fleese in the car which I chose not to put in the pack due to the weather and not figuring I would need it due to it being unlikely that I would get lost or trapped up there with that many people.

There you go.

WOW, that IS ultralight! I need to re-think what I pack for such a hike. I schlep way too much junk, and that's probably why I get little bruise spots on my collar bones.