Hike this Saturday?

Og's outfit

If anyone has a spot to split, I'll pay for half.

There's still room over in site 46, when I reserved the site I reserved for 6 people just in case.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to bring the tent trailer.

Well, heck, wish you'd said that before I reserved a separate one.

I tried to email Chris to offer part of my site, but the email bounced, so you can have him. :D

There's still room over in site 46, when I reserved the site I reserved for 6 people just in case.

I tried to email Chris to offer part of my site, but the email bounced, so you can have him. :lol:

I thought I did but rereading my e-mail I guess I didn't, but that is what I meant :D .

I tried to email Chris to offer part of my site, but the email bounced, so you can have him. :o

I thought I did but rereading my e-mail I guess I didn't, but that is what I meant :blink: .

Ok, let me know how much I owe you. Can I park my Jeep in the spot and sleep in the back? I might need the extra security of steel around me in case Abby is still nursing a grudge about me and Kevin almost killing her.

;)

Ok, let me know how much I owe you. Can I park my Jeep in the spot and sleep in the back? I might need the extra security of steel around me in case Abby is still nursing a grudge about me and Kevin almost killing her.

B)

Dang, he's onto me. :P

I had seriously considered coming just to car camp while others hiked and maybe doing some cooking.

But with Abbey's comment maybe not.

All kidding aside I would love to be there with you guys but next week I go in for open heart surgery to replace a valve. I won't be up to camping by this date.

Keep me in mind for future hikes though as soon as my doctor releases me. I'll need some easy ones before Criminal takes me on a killer hike.

Ironman

B)

I had seriously considered coming just to car camp while others hiked and maybe doing some cooking.

All kidding aside I would love to be there with you guys but next week I go in for open heart surgery to replace a valve. I won't be up to camping by this date.

Keep me in mind for future hikes though as soon as my doctor releases me. I'll need some easy ones before Criminal takes me on a killer hike.

Ironman

Wow Fe, good luck with that. That's so scary, but I'm sure you'll pull through....after all, you're an Ironman!

B)

Ironman

Best of luck on on getting a valve replaced. I assume it is the aortic valve. I have one that needs replacing but my cardiologist keeps putting it off as I have no symptoms. Dick

There was some discussion over the past few days that Aix may not be achievable due to high snow levels. A couple folks who monitor this stuff felt pretty certain that would be the case. Any thoughts? Should we have a Plan B objective?

Uuuhh, yes. Alot of us have dropped some serious coin on campground stay, as crappy as that may be, we should definately come up with a plan B. I'll be waiting to hear back on this.

There was some discussion over the past few days that Aix may not be achievable due to high snow levels. A couple folks who monitor this stuff felt pretty certain that would be the case. Any thoughts? Should we have a Plan B objective?

Uuuhh, yes. Alot of us have dropped some serious coin on campground stay, as crappy as that may be, we should definately come up with a plan B. I'll be waiting to hear back on this.

We all still want to camp at Bumping Lake, since we have reservations, just looking for another nearby geo-hike option if Aix isn't available.

Edited by hydnsek

We all still want to camp at Bumping Lake, since we have reservations, just looking for another nearby geo-hike option if Aix isn't available.

There's Fryingpan Mt. Except for the last mile, which climbs to 5700'(2000' less than Mt. Aix) most of the hike stays below 5000'. Rough estimate of the hike is 13 miles R/T.

I also saw the Mt. Aix trail report from June 26th reporting lots of snow up there. Things could change dramatically over three weeks in the summer. Keep your fingers crossed and keep watching for trail reports for this mountain.

On the plus side, it's supposed to be REALLY hot over the next week. There could be some serious snow melt in the mountains.

Edited by GrnXnham

So what day are we doing this? I got lost somewhere....

:(

July 17th

So that means this weekend is open. Is anyone interested in a Col Bob warm-up on Saturday or Sunday? Whichever, I'll have to camp at the trailhead. I'll bring the Baby-Q grill and stuff for breakfast in the morning.

Scratch that, Tubal Cain should be blooming by now. Any interest?

Edited by Criminal

July 17th

So that means this weekend is open. Is anyone interested in a Col Bob warm-up on Saturday or Sunday? Whichever, I'll have to camp at the trailhead. I'll bring the Baby-Q grill and stuff for breakfast in the morning.

Yo!

July 17th

Are we talking day hike, an overnighter, Saturday, Sunday? What's the deal man, give us some details!

July 17th

Are we talking day hike, an overnighter, Saturday, Sunday? What's the deal man, give us some details!

Dayhike, Saturday or Sunday, I don't care which. If you can get to Silverdale we can carpool to the trailhead. Well, unless the Jeep isn't luxurious enough for you, then we can take the Land Rover.

:lol:

July 17th

Dayhike, Saturday or Sunday, I don't care which. If you can get to Silverdale we can carpool to the trailhead. Well, unless the Jeep isn't luxurious enough for you, then we can take the Land Rover.

If Sunday and if I can get a pass from my wife, I would be interested. I will find out tonight.

July 17th

If Sunday and if I can get a pass from my wife, I would be interested. I will find out tonight.

I'm good with either day, so Sunday would work for me too.

July 17th

Either day works for me.

Do yo have leather seats?

July 17th

Either day works for me.

Yes, but only the fronts have heat. I can carry three.

July 17th

Either day works for me.

Ok Amy is fine with me going so I am in.

July 17th

Either day works for me.

Ok Amy is fine with me going so I am in.

OK, Sunday morning 0800, meet at the Kitsap Mall over on the western side in front of Barnes & Noble. We'll carpool/caravan from there. I don't know what caches are up there, work it out for yourself.

OK, Sunday morning 0800, meet at the Kitsap Mall over on the western side in front of Barnes & Noble. We'll carpool/caravan from there. I don't know what caches are up there, work it out for yourself.

I'm a maybe for that hour, with the travel involved. If it were 9:00, I'd be a definite. Or if Andrew picks me up so I can sleep on the way. :lol:

Hey Hey I wanna come too. Sunday is good for me and 0800 works too.

I called the Naches ranger district this afternoon to see if there were any trail reports for Aix. The lady said that they (the rangers, I supposed) had not gone up there yet. I asked if there was a website to watch for updates. She said no just call the station for info. That's what I plan to do from time to time until next week. I'll keep you all posted.

I think I'll go for Aix either way. There is a cache at Nelson's Ridge that I haven't found and I'm pretty confident that the trail is open at least to that point.

Maybe the group could split if need be. Some going to Frying Pan (or elsewhere) and others to Aix?

I'm pretty flexible, well, figuratively anyway. If you want 0900, then 0900 it is. We'll plan on departing the lot at 0900 (or earlier if everyone that says they're coming shows up earlier). Whose turn is it to bring the beer?

EDIT to add: Og!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Criminal

Okay, now my noodle is scrambled. What is the intended destination and what day? Is it still near Bumping Lake Campground or is that off now? Just need to know so that I can bow in or out. Thanks!

Multiple trips in one thread, that'll do it fer shure. :lol:

This Sunday, July 11, is Tubal Cain, meeting 9:00 am in Silverdale. (Thanks, Crim. I may have to call off those hit men. :) )

Next weekend, July 16-18, is the Bumping Lake campout with Aix as the hiking goal on Saturday 17th.

How's that?

Okay, now my noodle is scrambled. What is the intended destination and what day? Is it still near Bumping Lake Campground or is that off now? Just need to know so that I can bow in or out. Thanks!

This Sunday, July 11, is Tubal Cain, meeting 9:00 am in Silverdale. (Thanks, Crim. I may have to call off those hit men. :) )

Next weekend, July 16-18, is the Bumping Lake campout with Aix as the hiking goal on Saturday 17th.

How's that?

Crystal clear for me now. Thank you! I won't be able to attend this Sunday even though that is a hike and cache I've been wanting to do for some time now, but I have to work Sunday. Plans are still on for the 16th - 18th though, looking forward to it.

How's that?

Thread is pretty cheap. Maybe we should start more of them. Anyway, we're in for Tubal Cain.

What is round trip on tubal Cain? I was thinking of just having my birthday get together (family) just go hiking. I read it's a fairly easy hike, but it seems like there are tons of places to turn around.

12 (as per Green Trails) miles RT if you go to Buckhorn Lake and don't take the Canyon side jog

3.2 to the junction for the mine

2.3 to the junction for the lake

0.5 to the lake

The side trail up in Tull Canyon is 0.7 to the end

-michelle

:signalviolin:

July 17th

Either day works for me.

SHOTGUN!

SHOTGUN!

85 degrees and you want heated seats? :signalviolin:

Hey, it's only supposed to get to the mid 70's on Sunday, a regular arctic weather front.

What kind of girlie Jeep has heated leather seats anyway?

The kind that allows me to hear the radio, have a warm butt, monitor the tire pressure, quadradrive, and sleep in the back:

J09.png

J02.png

Can we get a headcount of just the peeps who will be meeting in the parking lot in Silverdale? I want to be able to hit the road as soon as everyone shows up.

Can we get a headcount of just the peeps who will be meeting in the parking lot in Silverdale? I want to be able to hit the road as soon as everyone shows up.

Nice rig Crim!

I'll be there.

Ditto. Should be early enuf to avoid the traffic backup over here from the I-405 closure. (Hey Og, if we need two vehicles, we can take my less-girly RAV4, it's decidedly more basic. :signalviolin:)

Edited by hydnsek

I will be there I hope. This job shouldn't be going tomorrow but they seem to like making last minute descisions about the schedual.

Abby and Jeff has my number and I will post when I am positive one way or another.

Do we need any parking passes where we are going?

I will be there I hope. This job shouldn't be going tomorrow but they seem to like making last minute descisions about the schedual.

Abby and Jeff has my number and I will post when I am positive one way or another.

Do we need any parking passes where we are going?

No parking pass needed: Trail PDF

I'm not sure what caches are up there; I did one at the SB-17 crash, removed one near one of the mine shafts, and another down along the river many years ago. My intention was simply to hike up to the crash area and scout around for the point of impact, although I'm only planning on scouting it, not seriously looking for it this time. That should only be about seven miles round-trip. I'll bring the radio in case we want to split up while the group looks for the one by the river.

EDIT to add: It might be somewhat buggy up in the canyon- it's a little swampy up there- so pack accordingly.

Edited by Criminal