Transluscent color sample coin.

anne.and.eli

It's been a while since this thread has had a post. :)

I saw pictures of this coin yesterday, and doing a search to see where it came from turned up this thread. I contacted Atwell Family, and he said that if the mint still had the dies and there was enough interest to get 50 coins made, a second minting on these enamel sample coins could be done. I'm not sure how much the cost would have changed, but I thought I'd post and see if anyone else was interested in getting them that missed them the first time around.

50 coins ... or 50 sets ... ??

Interested ... price permitting.

50 coins. I'm not sure if the same issue regarding the mint wanting a minimum of each finish still exists; it would be a question that would need to be asked if there was enough interest to make a remint happen. I'm mostly interested in nickel, black nickel, copper, and gold, and maybe an antique finish. If ten people were interested in the same, or a lesser number for the complete 14 platings of the original minting, then there'd be enough interest to take it to the next step and have Mike approach the mint to see about pricing and check that the mould is still on file.

Edited by islander1988