Transluscent color sample coin.

anne.and.eli

I am not sure these would sell as a trackable version. I would need to order 50 codes and don't think that many people want this as a trackable coin. Therefore if people are interested in trackables please let me know if the Codes being in the Cache Addict Sample is ok?

My plan right now is to get 10 sets. I'll be putting the coin on the site this weekend to place your order. These will be a pre-sale item that will ship in 30-45 days.

Thanks

I am not sure these would sell as a trackable version. I would need to order 50 codes and don't think that many people want this as a trackable coin. Therefore if people are interested in trackables please let me know if the Codes being in the Cache Addict Sample is ok?

My plan right now is to get 10 sets. I'll be putting the coin on the site this weekend to place your order. These will be a pre-sale item that will ship in 30-45 days.

Thanks

What about those of us that just want a single?

Order Here

I will take reservations for non-trackable sets or individual coins. The sets will be $100 plus shipping (flat rate $4.95 in the US). Individual coins will be $7.50 plus shipping of $2.99 + .50 for each additional coin up to $4.99.

I am also offering a trackable version. It will use a "Cache Addict Samples" tracking code unless I get to the minimum 50 required for it's own set.

These are all reservations at this time but I will send invoice before order goes to mint. Let me know if you have questions.

Order Here

p.s. This all assumes that the list above is correct and all those people purchase an entire set.

I discovered this thread today, luckily just starting the day reservations.

Very good idea when enameling is done after plating.

Reservation made​​, thanks!

I thought enameling was normally done before plating? At least for IHE

How are these sample coins done, plating before or after enameling?

I discovered this thread today, luckily just starting the day reservations.

Very good idea when enameling is done after plating.

Reservation made​​, thanks!

I thought enameling was normally done before plating? At least for IHE

How are these sample coins done, plating before or after enameling?

No matter what you have read other places Imitation Hard Enamel (IHE) is always added from plating.

I ended up ordering four trackables. The four platings offered seemed like good ones.

+1

Sorry, don't have funds for a full set of non-trackables, so went for the trackable option. Hopefully there will be enough artists interested to get this going. :)

Interested to know what international (UK) postage is likely to be, please. :)

Edit to add: had postage question answered by mail. Thank you!

Edited by Fianccetto

Waiting to hear from MooseJawSpruce :unsure:. But If I don't hear from them by this evening I will just order the ones I need. Don't want to miss out.

CF30

Sorry about that. Been having some super odd problems with email these days (apparently Belize isn't overly big on some aspects of the interwebz).

I'll still split with you, I'll take the half you already have.

when I get home (or just onto a better wireless network), I'll email you back with contact info and all that good stuff.

Thanks for helping keep track of me- some days I really need it.

Waiting to hear from MooseJawSpruce :unsure:. But If I don't hear from them by this evening I will just order the ones I need. Don't want to miss out.

CF30

Sorry about that. Been having some super odd problems with email these days (apparently Belize isn't overly big on some aspects of the interwebz).

I'll still split with you, I'll take the half you already have.

when I get home (or just onto a better wireless network), I'll email you back with contact info and all that good stuff.

Thanks for helping keep track of me- some days I really need it.

OK. :) I'll order the set & go ahead & pay for them. Then, when I get them in hand I will invoice you for your half + a little for shipping & send your half on to you. Does this sound ok?

CF30

No matter what you have read other places Imitation Hard Enamel (IHE) is always added from plating.

??

Added from plating? So is IHE added before or after plating?

I didn't understand that preposition either. My guess is that it means enamel is added after plating. Was Atwell Family typing too quickly? Of course, I have never typed too quickly and made typos :)

??

Sorry, plating is always added after for IHE.

Unless it's a 3D coin, in which case it's added before! (This is 2D though. :) )

??

Sorry, plating is always added after for IHE.

Unless of course the 3D is completely under the IHE then you can plate it after also.

Unless it's a 3D coin, in which case it's added before! (This is 2D though. :) )

Waiting to hear from 2 people who indicated they were interested in a set and one that indicated they wanted a few trackable. Going to send quick email to mailing list to see if others want any?

I was one of these people I'm sure:) I have spotty internet access where I live, so on the weekends I don't get too much internet browsing in, unless I'm at a friends house:) But, I reserved a set this morning...thanks for redoing these:)

I have heard from everyone know and a few others.

I have 40 trackable version for orders right now. I am prepared to get that to 50 so the coins that are trackable will have their own Coin Name. There will still be a generic icon.

Order will be going to the mint later this week for production to be completed in 30-45 days.

I have heard from everyone know and a few others.

I have 40 trackable version for orders right now. I am prepared to get that to 50 so the coins that are trackable will have their own Coin Name. There will still be a generic icon.

Order will be going to the mint later this week for production to be completed in 30-45 days.

In that case I have ordered a full set of trackables as well now. :)

Any news yet?

Shipping in mid June. Direct to me at GW.

GW = Geowoodstock? That is July 2 not mid June... :huh:

CF30

They were to ship mid June to a location near GW for me to get. Saving me shipping. They finished early and shipped last week to my here in Colorado. I'll have them this week to send out.

Any news yet?

Shipping in mid June. Direct to me at GW.

GW = Geowoodstock? That is July 2 not mid June... :huh:

CF30

They were to ship mid June to a location near GW for me to get. Saving me shipping. They finished early and shipped last week to my here in Colorado. I'll have them this week to send out.

:)

I've been out of town for several days, but when I got home my set of coins were waiting for me. Hopefully, they'll come in handy when I get done with my first design and start deciding colors. Thanks again for doing a re-mint of these :)

I don't have a spare Black Nickel, but if you think a high quality scan will help, I will be more than happy to do that and email it to you.

I received my coins today, essential to design!

...But I saw that I forgot to include in the order a Black Nickel... :blink:

Someone has one to spare? :ph34r:

I've been out of town for several days, but when I got home my set of coins were waiting for me. Hopefully, they'll come in handy when I get done with my first design and start deciding colors. Thanks again for doing a re-mint of these :)

I don't have a spare Black Nickel, but if you think a high quality scan will help, I will be more than happy to do that and email it to you.

I received my coins today, essential to design!

...But I saw that I forgot to include in the order a Black Nickel... :blink:

Someone has one to spare? :ph34r:

I think can't will be the same as having the coin in hands ... but thanks anyway! :)

If anyone missed out on these coins I found a nice set of color samples on eBay that aren't too expensive

*link to non-trackable removed by moderator*

Err... mmmm... that is the pathtag color sample kit. Not what's being sold here.

But is is a great set. :)

CF30

Edited by Eartha

If anyone missed out on these coins I found a nice set of color samples on eBay that aren't too expensive

*link to non-trackable removed by moderator*

And that my friend is what is know as thread hijacking... which is a very uncool thing to do, and is against the guidelines

Edited by Eartha

I don't think it was done maliciously, he's not the seller. But yah, one of those board etiquette things you will learn about. :)

The main difference between what was linked and what is being sold here (okay, other than one being a geocoin that's been approved by Groundspeak and the other being a non-Groundspeak trackable object) is that the thing you found uses soft enamels, while these geocoins use imitation hard enamel (IHE). Not only do they look different, but with soft enamel, it is standard to add the metal plating before the enamel, whereas with IHE, the metal plating is added afterwards. The base metal for geocoins is a bright yellow color. So a black nickel coin with soft enamel will be a translucent color over a black metal (looks really muddy), but with IHE it will be over yellow instead of black and the color is brighter/truer.

Now there must be something different with antiquing (especially antique copper) since it effects the colors so much, but I have never had it confirmed one way or another.

This is all probably a lot more than you wanted to know, but there you have it. :)

Just to flag up that I have been sent five coins, and so I will mail one back on Monday. (I am sure it is the copper ones I have 2 of, so will send one copper one back to the return address on the envelope and use Airsure to speed & track if it isn't too expensive.) Just wanted to let you know so you can relax now you know the misplaced one turned up!