Transluscent color sample coin.

anne.and.eli

I really want a set, but you keep saying how expensive it is...?

Also, if you add tracking, that is just going to jack up the price of an already expensive coin.

Will we get a choice on trackable or non-trackable? I just want it for a tool, not part of my collection or a traveler.

I believe Mike is trying to keep the price close to the $10 range.

There will be a choice on trackable or not. However, we will only be advertising the trackable version on the forums due to the Groundspeak guidelines, and would appreciate people only talking about the trackable version so this thread can stay open. :)

any idea on the price? a range ($10-$15) approximation would do for now.

I am still working things with the mint but we are close to the $10 range without tracking, tracking would add $1.50.

I am looking at some pricing if you buy most of the 14 plating set. Not all but most of the set. I should have this nailed by tomorrow or the next day.

Reserved 4. Can't afford all 14... :rolleyes: But it would be a great investment for a full time coin designer. :rolleyes:

CF30

I'm right there with you CF30. I put two on reserve but am working with some of the other local people here in coordinating which ones that we are reserving in order to have a full set in the area hopefully.

What's the difference between Antique Gold and New Antique Gold?

+1

(But reservation made anyway)

I think that reserving in a group is a great idea. If any of you can afford ordering 10, the cost per coin goes from $10 each to $8.50 each if you order 10. Perhaps you can pool your efforts into a single order, and thusly take advantage of the savings?

It does but part of the ordering 10 thing for me is that the mint wants to make a min of 20 in each plating. I was hoping that the ordering 10 would help that not one person ordering 2 or 3 of a few platings.

I think I am gong to make a change and sell the set for $100. Better price and it would get a few people to get each plating.

If I don't get enough of a plating I am not sure what I'll do yet.

Reservation placed. For me, I just needed 4 platings to get a feel for what the translucents look like in all the other platings.

Nickel (cool shade), covers Silver, Chrome, and the antiques/satins/sandblasts

Gold (warm shade), covers Brass, Bronze and the antiques/satins/sandblasts

Copper (warm shade variant a bit different shade than gold/brass/bronze), covers the antique

Black Nickel (just a wacky one where the translucents look different from all other metals)

Edited by Zelanzy

Responded to email but thought I woud here also.

Trying to make a coin in 14 different platings is not an easy task. To sell some as trackable and some as non-trackable makes it 28 different versions. :unsure:

This started off as a design tool for most yes. What happend is that the mint pushed back and needed so many in each plating. In order to accomplish this I offered a STEEP discount on the set and almost (all but 2 right now) designers ordered the set, espcially at the discount I am giving.

I am still going back and forth with the mint to firm up all the details, if anything changes I'll let you know.

Guess this is a case of not being able to please everyone. As it stands I have orders for 18 set.

Edited by CacheAddict.com

Responded to email but thought I woud here also.

Trying to make a coin in 14 different platings is not an easy task. To sell some as trackable and some as non-trackable makes it 28 different versions. :unsure:

This started off as a design tool for most yes. What happend is that the mint pushed back and needed so many in each plating. In order to accomplish this I offered a STEEP discount on the set and almost (all but 2 right now) designers ordered the set, espcially at the discount I am giving.

I am still going back and forth with the mint to firm up all the details, if anything changes I'll let you know.

Guess this is a case of not being able to please everyone. As it stands I have orders for 18 set.

Thanks for making this happen. I know it has been a nightmare! :(

I went to look for the reservation for this and I guess it's over??? :anibad:

Was hoping I could have waited until I got back home to order some but I guess I missed the boat! If anyone got the set and doesn't need them all, I would be interested in trading for some (at least a nickel/silver and gold/bronze).

I went to look for the reservation for this and I guess it's over??? :anibad:

Was hoping I could have waited until I got back home to order some but I guess I missed the boat! If anyone got the set and doesn't need them all, I would be interested in trading for some (at least a nickel/silver and gold/bronze).

Sorry order did go in to the mint. I am trying to make an adjustment on Sunday night and if so, what finishes and quantities were you looking for?

Mike

I went to look for the reservation for this and I guess it's over??? :D

Sorry order did go in to the mint. I am trying to make an adjustment on Sunday night and if so, what finishes and quantities were you looking for?

Mike

email sent

does anyone have the list of the 14 finishes?

Gold

Silver

Nickel

Brass

Copper

Black Nickel

New Antique Gold

Antique Gold

Antique Silver

Antique Nickel

Antique Copper

Antigue Bronze

Satin Gold

Satin Silver

By the way, these are suppose to be in by the beginning of September. I hope to deliver a number of these in parson at Geocoinfest.

Edited by CacheAddict.com

does anyone have the list of the 14 finishes?

Gold

Silver

Nickel

Brass

Copper

Black Nickel

New Antique Gold

Antique Gold

Antique Silver

Antique Nickel

Antique Copper

Antigue Bronze

Satin Gold

Satin Silver

By the way, these are suppose to be in by the beginning of September. I hope to deliver a number of these in parson at Geocoinfest.

great - thanks!

This is perhaps the coin that I am the most impatient for. Glad to hear I may have a chance of picking it up in person at GCF.

I just got some samples back today using transparent #15 (yellow) and was a little disappointed. It is a very 'muddy' translucent! You can barely see the raised layers, let alone the gritty recessed metal!

test.jpg

I wish this set had been in my hands a month ago!!

Can anyone with more experience suggest an alternative? Looking at the picture of the colour chart provided by the mint #24 doesn't look much better. And it is really the wrong colour yellow anyway. Can the mints make a translucent *more* translucent? :(

I just got some samples back today using transparent #15 (yellow) and was a little disappointed. It is a very 'muddy' translucent! You can barely see the raised layers, let alone the gritty recessed metal!

test.jpg

I wish this set had been in my hands a month ago!!

Can anyone with more experience suggest an alternative? Looking at the picture of the colour chart provided by the mint #24 doesn't look much better. And it is really the wrong colour yellow anyway. Can the mints make a translucent *more* translucent? :(

Contact me to thru my website to discuss.

#15 and #24 are both very muddy as you say. #16 is a tad more gold (but still very yellow) and a lot more translucent!

Thanks to everyone who sent emails! It is nice to have such a helpful support group. :laughing:

I think I will be going with #16. Now to get those new samples ordered. :(:laughing:

What makes this even more frustrating is that this is the first coin I have ever made for someone else. These mistakes and delays are doubly frustrating! The end is in sight now though... You should be seeing a new thread soon. :laughing:

Invoice received and now awaiting the set.

Gonna have to start working on something to display these in. Something to show them all off but not so bulky that I can't take it with me.

Are they going to be labelled? I'd like to make sure I know the difference between antique silver/antique nickel, antique gold/new antique gold, etc.

Are they going to be labelled? I'd like to make sure I know the difference between antique silver/antique nickel, antique gold/new antique gold, etc.

I made the suggestion to edge engrave the plating name on them, to avoid confusion. I was led to believe that happened :D

TMA

Good because I'm splitting a set and need to be sure I'm sending the correct coins. Most won't be a problem but a couple could...

Question: Will one be able to purchase individual versions if one is interested in one particular finish after this major distribution is concluded? Example: If I'm splitting a set with someone and they have chosen one of the finishes I'd like to have myself but the split has been decided will I be able to order that finish later?

CF30

I made the suggestion to edge engrave the plating name on them, to avoid confusion. I was led to believe that happened <_<

TMA

Good because I'm splitting a set and need to be sure I'm sending the correct coins. Most won't be a problem but a couple could...

Question: Will one be able to purchase individual versions if one is interested in one particular finish after this major distribution is concluded? Example: If I'm splitting a set with someone and they have chosen one of the finishes I'd like to have myself but the split has been decided will I be able to order that finish later?

CF30

good question! :D

I made the suggestion to edge engrave the plating name on them, to avoid confusion. I was led to believe that happened :D

TMA

Suggestion was taken. Becasue it was engraved, they limited me to 10 characters. I shortened the names but I am sure you will figure them all out. And trust me, it will help.

Mike

Gold

Silver

Nickel

Brass

Copper

Black Nickel

New Antique Gold

Antique Gold

Antique Silver

Antique Nickel

Antique Copper

Antigue Bronze

Satin Gold

Satin Silver

Can we see photos of all the finishes?

~J

Really, come on... leg pulled. If we posted pictures of all of them then why would anyone need to have bought thier own set. The pictures that are up are good enough to give people an idea. Please contact your local artist or coin company that purchased these to have them help you with your coins. Those are the people that are willing to invest in geocoins and not just sell them. :unsure: Just my $.02 or course.